Belle's last blog entries

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Leighann Sturgin

Belle's last blog entries

Postby Leighann Sturgin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:33 pm

FYI, I posted the first of Belle's last blogs. I'll post the other one next Sunday. Happy Easter!

http://colonclub.com/very-terrible-horr ... y-bad-day/
F 44 yo
3/04 dxd colon cancer stage IV (Lynch)
4/04 colectomy
chemo
8/04 hyserectomy
1/05 debulking, HIPEC, ileostomy
short bowel syndrome- TPN and IV fluid dependent
1/06 HIPEC
07 splenectomy
Vaccine trail
12 right nephrectomy
NED since 07
2015 Colondar 2.0 Miss May
2016 Kidney disease
2016 permanent left nephrostomy

The Kimberly Fund Director

Lee

Re: Belle's last blog entries

Postby Lee » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:12 pm

It is with tears in my eyes that I read Belle's latest blog. GOD, how she could write!!! What she said, yep I get it, been there. For me, I fear I will have to trade in my Expedition in a few yrs. Due to other medical conditions, but the end result is the same. I will no longer be able to drive, that is a hard pill to swallow.

My Ford Expedition, got it when my kids were in baby and booster seats, the vacations it has taken us to, the school field trips (yes, I still drive a last century vehicle) and everything in between. My Expedition is an extension of who I am. Belle I so get it.

Miss you girl!!!

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Thanks Leighann

That is SO Belle !
I will look for the next one too, and have posted todays into our own forum archive.

Harmony
CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

weisssoccermom

Postby weisssoccermom » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Belle and I joked about our vans. I still drive my van, complete with the entertainment center, even though the kiddos are long gone. To me, that van was my 'soccermom' designation. Two years ago, when Belle and her daughter came up to Seattle for the weekend (girls weekend to see the Nutcracker & sightsee) I wanted to take Belle to Woodinville to see the unbelievable display of poinsettias that Molbak's had to offer. Problem was, we were staying at our timeshare in Seattle and to get to Woodinville quickly required us to drive across Lake Washington and I'm terrified of bridges....so Belle drove my car. Even though Belle was tired (she was still on chemo back then), she said it was just like her van....and she drove me that day. Even though she didn't know where she was going, she was in control....she was the driver....she was, for the day...a soccermom in a soccermom's van. I guess I never realized that so many of us take for granted our freedom to do the little things, like driving, that when we have to give it up, it really hurts.

Dang Belle...I miss you. I will miss seeing you at the Leavenworth train station, of course with you at the wheel of your van. I will miss your smiling face and and, just like with Terry, I miss talking to you on the phone...miss hearing your voice and asking you how you are doing. Silly thing, but I really miss hearing Belle use the word 'lovely' to describe so many situations. Thank you Belle for the LOVELY blog.....
Dx 6/22/2006 IIA rectal cancer
6 wks rad/Xeloda -finished 9/06
1st attempt transanal excision 11/06
11/17/06 XELOX 1 cycle
5 months Xeloda only Dec '06 - April '07
10+ blood clots, 1 DVT 1/07
transanal excision 4/20/07 path-NO CANCER CELLS!
NED now and forever!
Perform random acts of kindness

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”