Who to ask??

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dorat

Who to ask??

Postby Dorat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Ok here is my dilemma. At my 11th round of chemo my face stared to swell and I ended up in the hospital for two days. They did all kinds of test and found a blood clot in my right arm. I was prescribe blood thinners for the next six months. During the six months my face still swell up and at first my oncologies thougth it could be steroids in my chemo regiment, but then I was done with my chemo and my face still swelling up, his input on this was that maybe chemo damage my nerves. I finished chemo last August and just two weeks ago my face is staring to swell. I go to sleep and I wake up with my face all swell up. I went to see my primary and she did some test, she thought that it could be my thyroid, but everything came normal. Last Friday I made another apt to see my primary and now she thinks it could allergies. I told her I been taking benedrly for the high pollen and is not helping. Now I do not know who to ask because it seems that my doctor's are just guessing. Any one here had a similar experience after finishing chemo.
37yr Mother of 4 girls and 1 boy
Dx 1-22-2014
Cc T2N2bM0 (37/47 LN)
Surgery 2-6-2014
Folfox for 6 months
Clean scan 6-10-2014
Finished chemo 8-18-14
Clean scan 8-25-14
Clean colonoscopy 2-26-15
Clean scan 3-9-2015 NED
Port Out 4-3-2015
Clean scan 9-9-2015 NED