ovarian cyst, extreme gas, clean scan, only diarrhea...idk

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Cancerislame
Facebook Username: jennifer shy marrone

ovarian cyst, extreme gas, clean scan, only diarrhea...idk

Postby Cancerislame » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:30 am

Hello my colon peeps,

I wonder if anyone has gone through anything like I am going through in my latest post colon cancer saga. So, I have been having extreme bloating and random pains in upper right, upper left abdomen, ribs and pelvis since January. I have been to reg. Drs 4 times because I had a clean scan in January it's gas and its due to my vegan diet. I even had one Dr. actually laugh because he was sure it was because of the diet. Mind you I have been on the vegan diet for four years and I know this is new. I have tried all sorts of diet things like a low fod map diet and promise and liquid and whatever. Nothing works, eating in general is the culprit. It's definitely gas but it also like I get constipated after a few hours. So what is new.. Maybe scar tissue or a minor obstruction. I basically have to take tramadol to eat and haven't had a normal bowel in months just soooft or diarrhea in the morning only. I finally had a gi appt. And have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for April 6. Well this week I finally emailed my onc hoping to get her opinion and maybe have her add a pet scan to my four month check up in May. Well her nurse called and asked me a bunch of questions and then recommended the Er since it could be an obstruction. I had almost gone a few times but I didn't want very it to be just gas and feel stupid. Well, I went to Er and the CT showed I was full of gas but the Dr said we need to figure out why (well duh) but they also found an ovarian cyst. That's what's scaring me. It's on my vegan remaining left ovary right behind my first colon surgery. The right ovary was removed during my HIPEC surgery because the colon cancer had spread to my ovary. Ovarian cancer also runs in my family and bloating is a huge sign of this. I know at this point until I have my colonoscopy endoscopy and then meet with the gynecologist on April 9th is out of my hands.. Alot of me doesn't think it's a reoccurance but alot of me can't possibly imagine living with very my stomach like crazy this. By the way I had genetic testing and I do not have Lynch and the other 20 genes they tested came back negative. Sincerely, it freakin hurts and us scary. I have been in menopause why the cyst? Any feed back is appreciated.

Love,
Jennifer
3/11- dx st IV, 5cm colon, 4.5cm Lvr, 1 of 13 LN, perit.sprd@30
4/11-1/12 FOLFOX/ERB.
5/18/12 HIPEC-rt ovary, omtm rmvd.
6/24/12 smll Bwl Obst Srg
8/20/12 Xlda, Mtc. Only
11/13 no chemo
NED5/18/12
Eat vegan/gf, fish occ.-Rd The China study

ktwmn

Re: ovarian cyst, extreme gas, clean scan, only diarrhea..

Postby ktwmn » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:59 am

Jennifer, it sounds like you are taking the right steps to determine the right course of action. The pet ct will provide more information about the remaining ovary. It is frustrating to have painful symptoms only to have drs laugh it off. But you know your body and what is "normal". We have to be our own advocate. Keep pushing the drs. Hope they can figure things out and provide a plan of action.
Dx 7/11, Stage IIIc CC
12 txs Folfox 8/2011-2/2012
MSS, KRAS-mut G12D
NED until 3/2015, mets to liver and peritoneum
April-December 2015: 15 txs folfiri+avastin
Liver mets resolved; pelvic met remains
January-May 2016: folfox+avastin; allergic rxn to oxi
June-August 2016: 5FU+avastin
October 2016: looking into immuno trial
January 2017: maintenance chemo xeloda + avastin

Cancerislame
Facebook Username: jennifer shy marrone

Postby Cancerislame » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:07 am

Thank you! Sorry, for all of the typos. I am posting on my tablet and it thinks it knows what I am thinking. Lol
3/11- dx st IV, 5cm colon, 4.5cm Lvr, 1 of 13 LN, perit.sprd@30
4/11-1/12 FOLFOX/ERB.
5/18/12 HIPEC-rt ovary, omtm rmvd.
6/24/12 smll Bwl Obst Srg
8/20/12 Xlda, Mtc. Only
11/13 no chemo
NED5/18/12
Eat vegan/gf, fish occ.-Rd The China study

ktwmn

Postby ktwmn » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:51 am

(I have the same issue re "smart" phone editing...)
Dx 7/11, Stage IIIc CC
12 txs Folfox 8/2011-2/2012
MSS, KRAS-mut G12D
NED until 3/2015, mets to liver and peritoneum
April-December 2015: 15 txs folfiri+avastin
Liver mets resolved; pelvic met remains
January-May 2016: folfox+avastin; allergic rxn to oxi
June-August 2016: 5FU+avastin
October 2016: looking into immuno trial
January 2017: maintenance chemo xeloda + avastin

CM35

Postby CM35 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 am

I am not a medial professional, but I believe that ovarian cysts are actually more common in post-menopausal women than pre-menopause. They can also cause a great deal of pain. A friend of mine in college had one, it was awful. Ended up having the ovary removed and solved the problem.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. Given your history, I can understand your concern! I truly hope you are just dealing with a benign cyst and that it's the cause of all of your problems.

Colleen
stg IV 4/2013 @34 - liver, ovary/peritoneum
Lots of chemo, surgery and good luck - still doing well 03/2016...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”