Anxiety attack. Stage 4 survivor stories needed

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mungo

Re: Anxiety attack. Stage 4 survivor stories needed

Postby mungo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 pm

I had FOLFOX (but no Erbitux) and was no stranger to anxiety attacks....The night time was always the worst.But I am still here, nearly eight and a half years later, to show that modern medicine and surgery techniques are a wonderful thing.Am now sleeping through the night (took a long while!)and have returned to normal life. I know it's a cliche but truly take one day at a time, accept there will be some craters in the road which many good people will help you get out of, and really try to crowd out the 'what if?' thoughts from your head. Easier said than done I know, but perversely it always helped me to know that others felt as panic stricken as me, and that I wasn't going mad.
Remember that every chemo session is one ticked off and sends you further down the road to recovery. I wish you well.
Stage IV
Left hemicolectomy Dec 2006
Liver resection March 2007
6 months FOLFOX
Thoractomy to remove lung met Aug 2011
NED again
"Above all,what matters is not to lose the joy of living in the fear of dying"Maggie Keswick Jencks

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:11 pm

mungo wrote:I had FOLFOX (but no Erbitux) and was no stranger to anxiety attacks....The night time was always the worst.But I am still here, nearly eight and a half years later, to show that modern medicine and surgery techniques are a wonderful thing.Am now sleeping through the night (took a long while!)and have returned to normal life. I know it's a cliche but truly take one day at a time, accept there will be some craters in the road which many good people will help you get out of, and really try to crowd out the 'what if?' thoughts from your head. Easier said than done I know, but perversely it always helped me to know that others felt as panic stricken as me, and that I wasn't going mad.
Remember that every chemo session is one ticked off and sends you further down the road to recovery. I wish you well.

Mungo! So nice to see you---it's been a long time. I am so happy to know you are doing well.

xox

Bev

PS Hang in there, Plastikos. It's a very long first year, butt once you've knocked that out it seems things get much easier.
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

mungo

Postby mungo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks Bev :D I do lurk every so often to check how my CC friends are doing.I'm always glad to see you posting the same supportive advice you always did -best wishes and big hugs to youx
Stage IV
Left hemicolectomy Dec 2006
Liver resection March 2007
6 months FOLFOX
Thoractomy to remove lung met Aug 2011
NED again
"Above all,what matters is not to lose the joy of living in the fear of dying"Maggie Keswick Jencks

elise

Postby elise » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:27 am

I'm not a long-term survivor YET but enjoying NEDs-ville after my liver resection and chemo and convincing myself that there is no reason I can't be there forever!

Hang in there!

Elise
Feb - Stage 2 (T3 N0 M0) CC @ 30
Mar - R hemicolectomy, 18 LN
May-Nov 6 - Chemo (8 Xeloda)
Feb - NED
Feb - NED
May - Stage 4 - 1 liver met @ 32
Jun - Liver resection
Oct - CLEAN SCAN
Aug-Jan - FOLFOX 5 rounds, 5FU X 6
Ap, Oct - NED
Mar - NED

stevieb

Postby stevieb » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:16 am

I'm just a little over two years from diagnosis, still kicking with a few mm lung nodules we still fighting. But working full time and chasing my three little boys after work to basketball, baseball practices, etc. Keep hope!!
Dx age 33
12/19/12 Stage IV liver/lung
1/14-2/28/13 Folfox
3/27/13 rectal/lung rst; temp ileo
7/11/13 liver res/ileo rev
9/30/13 - Folfox
11/13,2/21 NED
3/14 lung recur;6/16-VATS
7/14 5 bi lung mets
10&11/15 laser lung surg
2015 Colondar Model
12/15 5 lung met-folfiri
5/15 NED
11/15 2 lung mets; cryoablation
1/4/17 2 lung mets; cryoablation
NED as of 1/23/17

SoConfused

Postby SoConfused » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:53 pm

hang in there ... I remember the panic attacks and the overwhelming feeling of doom and gloom in the beginning. The first year is an adjustment but with a bit of luck, things will return to a modified normal. You'll learn to laugh again and appreciate the smaller things in life.
Stage IV CC

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”