The Grim Reaper took another swipe at me !!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Regan

Re: The Grim Reaper took another swipe at me !!

Postby Regan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am

He was such a bright spot. My DH has been gone now for 14 months. . . I am grateful to have had the colon talk during (and after) his four year struggle. Frenchie and SOOO many others from my daily time on here were truly helpful.

Just felt the need to tell you that.
DH dx 7/12
Stg IV RC liver mets
11/12 Hrt Attk by Folfox
1/13 Liver resct
4/13 LAR-Temp
NED
1/14 revrsal
4/14 Hrnia surg 4/14
1/15 local recur, liver, lung, aortocaval region of retroperitoneum, anterior wall of distal abdominal aorta
2/15 Irinotecan
1/16 Lonsurf (fail--just zapped. Strength)
Aug 10, 2016 at rest

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Frenchie's Wife wrote:Hello Everyone,

Just me again.

After the celebration is done I will come back and share how it went with all of you.

Diane

G'day Just-me-again Diane,

The Great Pumkin wants to know............how did it all go?

Earworm alert.... :shock:

I remember you, ooh, you're the one
Who made my dreams come true a few kisses ago
I remember you, ooh, you're the one who said, "I love you too"
Yes, I do, didn'tcha know?

I remember, too, a distant bell and stars that fell
Like the rain out of the blue, ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo, hoo, hoo

When my life is through and the angels ask me to recall
The thrill of it all, then I will tell them I remember you, ooh
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour found upon emergency r. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX

Frenchie's Wife

Postby Frenchie's Wife » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted any updates.

First the Celebration of Life for Ron was beautiful. It was a small group of mostly his immediate family and friends. We had a nice display of about 100 pictures with 56 of his favorite songs playing while the guests arrived. Once everyone was there Ron's oldest son Stephen took to the floor and gave a very funny walk down memory lane about his father. As he said, his dad did not want tears, so this was all about laughter. While he was going through 700 pictures he notices his father's different looks over the years, so.... he compiled another set of pictures of these - which were so funny. Imagine Ron in hot pink pants and shirt and dark blazer.....hahaha.
ma
He would have love it, it was perfect and no one (not even me) shed a tear.

I have been told that "firsts" are going to be hard. Well my "first" was when I had problems with my car. You know the first person you would talk to would be Ron, BUTT he is not there to give me advise. I have to deal with my dealership alone and they have a bad reputation. Anyway I reach out to my second stepson, my oldest son and our "adopted son" to finally get it resolved. Took two weeks BUTT.

Now to prepare for Christmas, Ron was not much into Christmas. We spent it alone just the two of us most of the time. My two sons went to their grandparents for Christmas Day. I have been invited to my best friend's house this year. She always told Ron she would take care of me so he did not have to worry.

I hope all of you are well and getting ready for another Christmas Season.

For those that have lost loved ones this year may they all be our angels guiding us on our journey through this life without them.

Diane
Frenchie's Wife
Caregiver to DH 59 yr, male, Stage IV at Dx
Dx Sept 2009
Liver,bladder mets, 5 surgeries
Lots of chemo
Inoperable lung mets nov 2013
Stopped all treatments in February 2014 due to QOL issues
I am in God's hands now !!
Feb 2015 - too many new mets to count !
At peace July 9, 2017

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi Diane,

So good to see your post.

As someone who lost a parent in the Vietnam War, yes holidays can be "rough". So HAPPY to read, you will be with a friend. Please take up that friend offer. My family spent our 1st Christmas (with dad death) in a 2 bedroom house with 8+ people :shock: Believe me, I slept on a floor that x-mas eve and was happy for the love/support from everyone making sure all was good. Actually we did that for 2 yrs before we could do it as a family alone. Today that other "mom" is always welcome to my house, all expense paid.

Know that you are stronger than you realize. Sorry for the car incident. So glad to hear the memorial went well. Dear son sounds just like dear old dad. Wonderful sense of humor. Your Dh husband had it.

Thinking of you and one other person (who lost someone close recently) this holiday season.

Thoughts and prayers to you both,

Lee
Last edited by Lee on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 10 years and counting!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”