I might have colon cancer?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
kino3637

I might have colon cancer?

Postby kino3637 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:13 am

Hi Guys Im so glad to found this site, I'm 36 yrs old asian male since 04/06 im having problems with my bowels everytime i eat after an hour i have to used to bathroom then im having loose BM most of the time semi form sometomes watery, im experincing also Left upper abd. pressure some sharp pain not all the times it comes and go. I went to see my doctor order stool exams for parasites and occult blood it come back negative. He think i have IBS but the loose BM persist he schedule me for colonoscopy/ endoscopy this coming thurs (07/13) i also lose 20 lbs since april. im very nervous and anxious do you guys have same symptoms i experience b4 diagnosis? ty

michele

I might have colon cancer

Postby michele » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:38 pm

Ty,
The fact that they didn't find blood is a little reassuring. But, definitely get the colonoscopy. They just told me I had irritable bowel syndrome for 7 years, but I did have blood also. I just thought that was hemorroids.

I pray all will go well with you. I am glad you found this site. I have found it very helpful and uplifting. There are many fighters and survivors here. There are also many...like you, just looking for support before a test. We are all here for each other. Come back as often as you need with as many questions as you have.

We are just glad that you are getting a colonoscopy.

blessings,

michele
Diagnosed Dec 2005 stage 3C
LAR Dec 2005
Mom finished chemo for stage 3B Jan 2006
I had chemo Feb 2006-Aug 2007
Currently NED

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:28 pm

thank you Michelle for your reply and reassurance makes me feel better im really very worried and nervous of the outcome of the colonoscopy this coming thurs i hope everything fine. Thank you again and God Bless You!

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:17 am

Kino-

Michelle is right on. You are doing the right thing by getting the colonoscopy! And....you don't have to fear the procedure at all. When I had mine done, I did not remember one thing about it. The doctor talked to me during the procedure and I don't remember a thing he said. Please update us on this site to let us know how it went, ok? We would like to know the results.

Kerry

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:24 pm

Thank you guys for your prayers i have colonoscopy yesterday and the result is negative my colon is clear.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:19 pm

Glad to hear the colonoscopy went well.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”