To DH2Sleen and Karin - Thanks for your well-wishes. We are currently in Italy visiting family and hope to have a message from NIH waiting when we return next week. To answer your question Karin - no, DH has not had stirvarga. Xeloda and Erb and Folfiri and Erb have both failed to stop progression. Onc. recommended going back on FOLFOX but told us to go to Italy first as he anticipated DH would be too sick to travel on FOLFOX. When our onc. found out we were interested in the trial, he encouraged us to proceed. But, he said he wouldn't recommend going back on chemo because DH needed to be as strong as possible to get through the trial. (Hope this makes sense....). Anyway, DH is feeling good right now, but we know his cancer is progressing rapidly. With the time lag you are telling us about in the trial, I feel certain he'll need to be on chemo to hold the line. I guess NIH will answer those questions if DH is a candidate. So far, we've only sent the blood sample back...haven't heard anything since then. Oh....one more thing for Karin - DH refused Stirvarga based on the fact that we haven't heard anything good about it. Man, this journey is tough!
Thanks so much for all the info you're sharing...it helps more than you know! Blessings to all....Pattie
7/12 - resection; 12 rounds folfox
CT/PET scans 4/13, 9/13 - NED
CT scan 3/14 - liver/LN mets
5/2/14- failed liver resection - peri. mets.
6 rounds of iri/avastin
8/26/14 - failed liver resect/HIPEC. dse. progression
9/14 - 3/15 - progression on chemo
3/23/15 - treatment stopped; working the bucket list