Post #300: Food for Thought

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

Post #300: Food for Thought

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:44 pm

Colon Club,

So as I sit here reflecting on the past year, I have learned so much and been afforded the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. You ALL Rock!

I am grateful to Molly, Hannah, Sergei, and the colon club for providing a forum which allows each of us to learn, teach and provide. We are all unique as is our journeys through both life and colon cancer.

I feel like I am a more whole having connected with many of you and thank you. From my chemo buddy who has since passed, I realized that what I value most is that of compassion and the power of each of our human spirits! Such I believe sustains each of our souls!

I look forward to another 300 posts. My hope is that each of you, too, will find support and friendship as I have through this forum. Be proactive in the management of yuor health! Please remember ALL things are truly possible!

Hugs!

Holly

Billy

300???

Postby Billy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:25 pm

Holly,

You had better try to remain prolific. If I ever get done with chemo, I’m gonna post my butt off and try and catch you!

Billy
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

http://billyscolon.blogspot.com

ASTEPHENS33

Poster #3

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:03 pm

I like the idea of 300 of us posting - makes us a strong community! I got involved with the Colon Club December, 2005, after my colon resection and I had to make choices about chemo. Making those choices and living through the chemo was really essential in my journey. Thanks to all!

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:26 pm

Hey Holly I think it is AWESOME that Molly started the Colon Club!! I didn't find you all until my 10th treatment but it was so nice to be able to come here and express my feelings, fears, joy with people who could REALLY understand!!!

I have been cancer free now for 18 months, which I PRAISE the LORD for!! I will continue to come to the forum to hopefully, be of some help to others that are just starting this journey. I made a commitment to God that if I survived, I would do anything I could to help others through this. The Colon Club has helped me keep my commitment!!! Thank you ALL for being here not only for me, but for all the others seeking help, support, love and understanding!! As my dear friend Holly says..."YOU ALL ROCK!!!!" I will never catch up to your 300 postings Holly, but I am hot on your tail woman!! LOL

Love you all!! Peg Hugssssssssssssss

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:10 am

You all Rock...Remember this is a journey not a race...Pace yourselves!

Hugs!

Holly

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:12 pm

Hey all!

I was having some problems with neuropathy, and wasn't too worried about it. I'd rather stay alive than eat popcicles, if ya know what I mean. I had some tingling in my hands when I got cold, couldn't make salads or get anything out of the freeer, even with gloves on, and couldn't eat or drink anything cold. I was three months into treatment, and my doc was thinking about holding a dose, but my ANC dropped and he had to delay a treatment because of that. Now I'm on a reduced dose of 5-FU and oxaliplatin to keep my ANC up. That will, we hope, keep the neuropathy at bay as well. I'm feeling it a bit today, one day after my infusion, but it doesn't seem as bad as before. It always goes away into the second week. (my off week) My doc says almost everyone requires some reduction in dose at some point for one reason or another. They just like to get as much in as possible before the side effects get too bad.

Oxaliplatin is a wonder drug. It boosted survival rates HUGELY from where they were when I was an oncology nurse 20 years ago. And I think Avastin is going to do the same. Colon cancer may be another cancer success story in a short time. Long term survivorship is becoming the norm, except in Stage IV, and even then it's not as rare as it used to be. Look at all the Stage IV survivors on this board. Great strides are being made. And prevention is certianly more effective than it used to be. Early detection is as well. Colonoscopy rocks!

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:34 pm

I meant to post the above on the neuropathy thread. Oops!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”