Retiredprof wrote:... I'm scared about the collateral damage that radiation may cause. Any advice?
Zinc oxide induced radiation burns -- "...Although a general consensus among radiotherapy centres is lacking, the advice given to patients has a few commonalities:
• During or after radiation treatment, avoid the use of metallic-based topical products (zinc oxide creams)... because they may increase the surface dose to skin
• Wear loose-fitting clothing over the irradiated area to prevent friction injuries
• Maintain a clean and dry irradiated area
• Avoid extreme temperatures
• Avoid the use of starch-based products because they increase the risk of infection
Reference: Prophylaxis and management of acute radiation-induced skin reactions: a systematic review of the literature
Retiredprof wrote:Happy to hear that someone with Stage 4 is still alive! Congratulations!
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], RaiderGuy27 and 23 guests