advice on fresh bleeding.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Moira r

advice on fresh bleeding.

Postby Moira r » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi, I posted some time ago now as I was experiencing a few problems after having a right hemi-colectomy.Things haven't got any better,I have a distended abdomen since after my op,it varies from 40inches to 45inches at its worse,I have pain before,during and after any bowel movement,so bad at times it knocks me sick.Also lately I have also been noticing that I don't seem to be digesting a lot of my food,and also I wake with the pain across my stomach and within 15to20 minutes my bowels are starting to move and I seem to be having a lot more trips to the loo in the first hour,hour and a half of the day.Which is different to my normal.The pain especially bad at the lefthand side can last for 3to4 hours sometimes.When the distention is at its worse it restricts my breathing. I also get a lot of reflux. But the main reason I am posting tonight is as for the past two days I am having bright red blood in any faeceas and on wiping my bottom. Can anyone give me any advice at all,especially on this bleeding.Should I be worried or could it be something entirely different to the cancer having come back. I would be so grateful for anybodys opinions.Last time I managed to get an appointment with my surgeon he told me my distension was fat,didn't seem to matter that it varies in size from day to day or that its hard etc or that it happened virtually overnight. HELP! Moira :cry:

alphagam
Facebook Username: Kathy Maine Ruess

Re: advice on fresh bleeding.

Postby alphagam » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:07 pm

I really have no advice, but if it were me, I'd call the doc
Dx Feb 2010 4 cm tumor, just inside rectum
EUS stated T3 tumor
2nd opinion, need better path
Mar 2010 transanal surgery. Surgery by board certified CRS found tumor only in lining
6 exams of surg site, 3 PET, 3 scopes laterNED.
Scope in Mar2015, clean colon
Next scope/test in 3 years

elise

Re: advice on fresh bleeding.

Postby elise » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:42 am

I'd call your primary care doc and your onc. One needs to be able to help you. I would not be comfortable with that much bleeding. When was your last scope and CT?
Feb - Stage 2 (T3 N0 M0) CC @ 30
Mar - R hemicolectomy, 18 LN
May-Nov 6 - Chemo (8 Xeloda)
Feb - NED
Feb - NED
May - Stage 4 - 1 liver met @ 32
Jun - Liver resection
Oct - CLEAN SCAN
Aug-Jan - FOLFOX 5 rounds, 5FU X 6
Ap, Oct - NED
Mar - NED

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”