COLON CANCER- CLINICAL TRIALS LIST

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
WifeOfMike
Facebook Username: https://www.facebook.com/vbass123

COLON CANCER- CLINICAL TRIALS LIST

Postby WifeOfMike » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 am

Hey there to all who are currently peeking at CLINICAL TRIALS

Here is a Comprehensive list of 125 CLINICAL TRIALS specifically for COLON CANCER STAGE IVa
at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) website
http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/se ... d=13348533

Note to anyone looking for CLINICAL TRIALS
This website search parameters can be changed to fit your exact needs:
by Cancer type & STAGE
by Location of trial- by city, state or Country
by hospital or institution
by NIH Only
by trial/ treatment type
by Drug
by Treatment/Intervention
by Keywords
by Trial Status/Phase
by New Trials
by Trial ID/Sponsor
by Protocol ID
by Sponsor of Trial
by Trial Investigators
by Lead Organization/Cooperative Group
by Special Category

START HERE & fill in YOUR CLINICAL TRIAL SEARCH NEEDS:
http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search

May you all KICK CANCER'S BUTT!
Vicki
Bad Ass WIFE
Hubs: CRC IVA,T3, N0, M1A
Resect/LN Mets 10/12
Folfox4/Avastin 11/12-5/13
Folfiri/Erbitux 6/13-10/13
Stivarga 12/13-4/14
Trial 4/14-/14
Trial 8/14-11/14
HOME Hospice 11/17/14
Guardian Angel 1/1/15
Cost of HOPE? PRICELESS

bitchslapped

Re: COLON CANCER- CLINICAL TRIALS LIST

Postby bitchslapped » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Bumping this back up.
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

WifeOfMike

Postby WifeOfMike » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:05 am

MAYBE.....JUST A THOUGHT.......... now that our BITCH lovingly SLAPPED this post back up to the top of the heap & I am timidly typing on my new computer hoping it does not implode :shock:
this could be THE PLACE to post any ground breaking trials, break though stuff, trials to keep at the top of anyone's face who may be looking in the future for alternatives?

Individual trial stuff LIKE:
>>> TAS-102 which is rounding the corner with FDA approval??? I still am out on the jury with this one, thinking it may just be another Stivarga/ Zaltrap/ Vectibix hit parade of side effects/ next to zilch in anything else???
>>> CD-47 which Stanford is just barely breaking into it's first human clinical trials butt has Very promising & interesting background behind it
>>> I know we have MPDL3280A stuff here on CT & STILL looks VERY promising to me- especially since I now have TWO Colon Cancer patients who have gone 2+ years with ZERO side effects and ZERO growth, ZERO new mets
>>> I am also looking at: Gene and Vaccine Therapy genetic therapy will be given during a stem cell transplant along with a vaccine therapy: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01697527
>>> I am also looking at: Gene-Modified T Cells, Vaccine Therapy, and Ipilimumab http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02070406

>>> I personally am now looking into MacroGenics' MGD007..........

FOR INSTANCE: I saw this on Belle's latest clinical trial experience post today:
Re: Clinical Trial Update - Appt. with Dr.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48512
Postby DK37 »
Belle - as a fellow Stage IV mCRCer who reads posts often but has never posted before, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping to test new medicines not only for your own good but for the good of everyone! THANK YOU!

Although I am a patient, I am also by chance a PhD Oncology researcher and I want you to know that the MGD007 trial is way at the top of my list of "scientifically great idea" trials that I am excitedly following. Excited for the possibility that it may help patients who really need it, excited because I love science & its science is trully exciting, and excited to follow because I plan to be jumping into mCRC immunotherapy clinical trials myself one of these days when my tumors become chemo-resistant - so I am tracking all the best looking ones for my own possible future use.

As an oncology researcher for 20 years, I can honestly say this is the most exciting time period in oncology new therapeutics research (in particular immunotherapy's) in decades. There is true excitement in the air at conferences as scientists have begun to more openly whisper the possibility of the "C word" - the C word that ends in -ure. I honestly believe they will figure out tricks to either cure or at least produce very long term remissions in mCRC within my wife's lifetime - I am right now crossing fingers that it will happen in my lifetime :shock: :)
God bless you and to health!
Tom

That left ME wondering exactly what TOM with his background is WATCHING?????
I know many of us were once glued to the Immunotherapy postings our dear MAIA was posting, butt is now buried 20 pages away from here
and made me wonder even more...... WHO IS LOOKING AT WHAT TRIALS AND WHY????

So..... What trials ARE Y O U looking at?
Vicki
Bad Ass WIFE
Resect/LN Mets 10/12
Stivarga 12/13-4/14
Trial 4/14-/14
Trial 8/14-11/14
HOME Hospice 11/17/14
Guardian Angel 1/1/15
Cost of HOPE? PRICELESS

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 am

WifeOfMike wrote:MAYBE.....JUST A THOUGHT.......... now that our BITCH lovingly SLAPPED this post back up to the top of the heap & I am timidly typing on my new computer hoping it does not implode
this could be THE PLACE to post any ground breaking trials, break though stuff, trials to keep at the top of anyone's face who may be looking in the future for alternatives?

:) Yep, that be me!
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

WifeOfMike

Postby WifeOfMike » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:30 am

GOOD TIME TO POST THIS:

Clinical Trial Participation Low in Lung, Colorectal Cancers -
News | October 28, 2014 | Colorectal Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Lung Cancer
By Leah Lawrence
Despite the importance of clinical trials for driving medical discovery and innovations, only 14% of patients with newly diagnosed lung or colorectal cancer surveyed in a recent trial reported having discussed participation in clinical trials with their physician, and even fewer went on to participate.

“Even among patients treated with chemotherapy for advanced cancer, for whom investigational approaches should arguably be integrated into all initial considerations about treatment options, given a low chance of cure with standard therapy, the discussion rate was only 25.7%, with a participation rate of 7.6%,” wrote researchers led by Kenneth L. Kehl, MD, MPH, of Harvard Medical School.

Kehl and colleagues also found that discussions occurred less frequently among older patients, and black and Asian patients compared with white patients.

In the study, the researchers surveyed 7,887 patients with lung or colorectal cancer between 3 and 6 months after cancer diagnosis. Respondents were asked if they learned that clinical trial participation might be an option for them, and who discussed trials with them. The results were published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.

Overall, 1,114 participants, or 14.1%, reported having discussed the possibility of participating in a clinical trial, with the majority reporting that the discussion occurred with their physician. Participating in a clinical trial occurred in 3.6% of all participants and in 25.8% of participants who reported discussing clinical trials with their physician. In addition, higher rates of clinical trial discussion occurred among patients who reported being treated by a medical oncologist compared with those who were not.

Among the 2,173 patients with advanced disease, 25.7% reported discussing participation in a trial and 7.6% enrolled in a trial.

Kehl and colleagues found that younger age, increasing education, higher income, lung cancer, and more advanced disease were all associated with an increased likelihood to have had a discussion about participation in a clinical trial. Additionally, patients who reported sharing in the decision-making process with their physician were more likely to participate in a clinical trial compared with those patients who reported physician-controlled decisions.

“These findings indicate that improving trial accrual and participation rates may require a two-pronged approach,” the researchers wrote. “First, trial availability and access must be expanded and patients educated about the option of enrollment. Second, enhanced efforts to address patient concerns about trials and to optimize communication between providers and eligible patients may further increase participation.”
http://www.cancernetwork.com/news/clini ... s=29102014

bitchslapped »
WifeOfMike wrote: MAYBE.....JUST A THOUGHT.......... now that our BITCH lovingly SLAPPED this post back up to the top of the heap & I am timidly typing on my new computer hoping it does not implode
:) Yep, that be me!

BIG HUG SIS!
Vicki
Bad Ass WIFE
Resect/LN Mets 10/12
Stivarga 12/13-4/14
Trial 4/14-/14
Trial 8/14-11/14
HOME Hospice 11/17/14