C-Diff sufferers News Article

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

C-Diff sufferers News Article

Postby dianetavegia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 am

Frozen Poop Pills Fight Life-Threatening Infections

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/10/11/355126926/frozen-poop-pills-fight-life-threatening-infections?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2035

Fecal transplants can be life-saving for people with stubborn bacterial infections, but they're not for the faint of heart. So doctors have come up with a way to make them more palatable: the frozen poop pill.

Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Coppercent

Re: C-Diff sufferers News Article

Postby Coppercent » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:48 am

This article made me smile. I suffered from c-diff for a week. After that week it will take a lot to embarrass me. Thankfully, I spent that week in the hospital and had an awesome staff. One nice nurse slipped me some pretty heavy duty cleaning wipes so I could clean up my own mess. I would then let them know where the "special places" were that needed extra precaution. (I actually had to beg to get them. They thought it unnecessary for me to clean up my own mess. But for me it made for less stress to clean up myself.) My doctor mentioned fecal transplants but it never went further than a passing comment. I personally would prefer the colonoscopy method than the frozen pills. :D :D :D
07/15/11 Stage III Rectal, 08/11 - 09/11 Chemo/rad 11/11 LAR - Whole rectum gone, ostomy, hysterectomy
01/12 Port placed, 01/12 thru 06/12 Folfox, Xelox 10/03/12 Reversal, Clear scan
And then the story continues.
Currently, remission round two!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”