31 years old male....scared to death....please advice

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mutefavlast

31 years old male....scared to death....please advice

Postby mutefavlast » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:21 am

Here is My story

I am 31, male, healthy, no history of any p[roblems, only family history to worry about is heart disease.
Now for 2 weeks i a m having pain in LLQ(lower left qurdant).I did noticed some blood but i eat lot of watermelon so i ruled it out as blood.
Now i ts been 2 weeks, Went to doc and he thought its kidney stones, got an IVP test , came normal.Than he ordered a CT scan and after touching me with his hand he said it can be Divlotious.Gave me some antibiotic and pain killers, i did felt great after 2-3 doses but its back agian.My stools look normal, no other symptoms.CT scan on wednesday, what it could be?
Look liek i would die before CT scan as i am getting crazy over this.
any info will be appreciated

Tiphanie

Try not to worry-it wont help!!!

Postby Tiphanie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi there. Im sorry to hear that you are so worried. I know its hard not to, but it wont help anything. You gotta just take it as it comes. If its colon cancer that you are worried about than you should get a colonscopy. I was sick for a while before being diagnosed with stage 2 at age 20. My advice for you would be to listen to your body, if you know something is wrong than dont give up until you find out what the problem is. If you have reason to believe is it colon cancer than insist on a colonoscopy. Deal with results of any test as they come. God will give you strength as you need it. All the best and let me know how it goes.

Dot

Postby Dot » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Hi Mutefavlast -

GET THE COLONOSCOPY. My husband had vague symptoms for months before they would order a colonoscopy and that appointment was 3 months away when they finally ordered. The first CT scan was "normal", they thought he might have a kidney stone and a "small cyst on the liver" which they said was not unusual.

One day, went to the ER again with pain, I "refused" to let him get discharged without finding the cause for his pain. He got admitted, had the colonoscopy the next day, and surgery the day after that.

Wish I knew and everyone else that the colonoscopy should have been done in March 05 at the first ER visit.

Dot

Michelle

Colonoscopy

Postby Michelle » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:39 am

Without a doubt: Get a colonoscopy! Please!!!!! I had the same symptoms. I saw blood in my stools for a period of time but I would go days without seeing any blood. A couple of months later I had a pain in the lower left of my abdomen and even got sick with a fever, etc. which lasted for about two weeks and then went away. The doctors ran a lot of tests but because, at that time, I was 37 they didn't even mention colon cancer. A year later I finally had the colonoscopy and it was stage II. If I had only had a colonoscopy when I first noticed symptoms I could have, perhaps, avoided the chemo and radiaiton.

Insist on the colonoscopy. I, too, have no family history. I rarely drink, don't smoke, am (or was) very fit, had a low-fat diet and weighed about 107 pounds. Get the colonoscopy!!!

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:45 pm

Diverticulitis wasn't a bad guess, but if it's not responding to treatment, you need another look. Colon cancer may not show up on a CT. Keep at it until you have an answer. The answer may not be cancer. Let's hope not. But you some kind of answer. I had diverticulitis a month ago, and it took a while to clear up. It's possible that's all it is. Just be persistant. Getting scoped is a good idea when you have symptoms. Even an obvious diagnosis can be wrong. Look how many people on this board were misdiagnosed at first. Early cancers are sneaky. A clean scope will do a lot to ease your mind.

emily

Postby emily » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Hey

Im 32 and was diagnose at 31 with colon cancer. however i too was told I had kidney stones and put on antibiotics blah blah blah. I had the ct scan and it was normal needless to say with out the colonoscopy I would of never been properly diagnosed. If I had left it up to my primary doctor an d the ER i would of been dead right now. I went to a gastro and thank god he ordered the colonoscopy right away.I ended up with stage II .THings for me could of been alot worse. however they could of been alot better.Please just push them to order a colonoscopy..... take it from ek I totally understand how you feel

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:10 am

Keep in mind colon cancer at such an early age IS unusual, although obviously not imposssible. Other causes of the symptoms are also quite possible. Getting EVERYTHING checked until there's an answer is important. You can't rule out what you never looked for. Keep plugging at it until you find out what you need to know. Here's hoping it IS something less serious, but if it's not, you need to know sooner rather than later.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”