KANGEN WATER helped my mother..

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
canadiandaughter

Re: KANGEN WATER helped my mother..

Postby canadiandaughter » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 pm

That's good to know. I knew that anti oxidants were bad as I had talked to the oncologist about diet changes. We have talked to him before doing anything. That Tagamet he had never heard of for cancer, but said it wouldnt hurt so gave us the prescription.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

skypup

Postby skypup » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 am

Tamara, thank you for sharing. The sarcasm you sensed is likely in part leftover from some past conversations. Please don't be dissuaded from hanging around!

raym

Postby raym » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 am

Alternate treatments (and some perhaps even damaging and very expensive) have been discussed here many times. With out a proper study no one can say that a particular treatment had any affect on the cancer. Alkaline water in particular is a topic that tends to lend itself to "snake oil" properties. And one day a particular vitamin or supplement is all the rage and the next day it turns out to be useless or even worse helps the cancer. I'm not against try alternative treatments but standard/proven treatments come first.
3/11 IIIC +/FOLFOX
4/12 HIPEC
6/12 Chmo/Rad
9/12 XELIRI+Avast/Zltra
9/13 Plvic Absc,stpd chemo
11/13 Tumr rmvd frm Lap Port incis
12/13 Xeloda
1/14 Cardiac Issue no Xeloda/5FU
3/14 Irinotecan
6/14 Stopped chemo
8/14 Clin Trial
9/14 Infectn - Stpd Trial

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 am

Glad your mom is doing well Tamara. Don't be discouraged, it is a cautious crowd here, wary about CAM claims, trying to make sense of varied experiences. Also some of the so categorical medical proclamations people rely on have severe limitations, such as what conditions vitamin C is useful with/without which chemo or illness, where there are CAM adjuncts that are reported to activate vitamin C to some extent, even in an oral form (in general, IV is definitely most potent).

Things that might help people speculatively "understand" are any before/after surgery levels of CEA/CA199/WBC/LDH/ESR/CRP/vitamin D data you can share. Likewise more description of lung conditions, size and count on lung nodules would be helpful.

Everyone is probably curious and bemused to figure what might have happened with your mother. If mental wagers counted, bookies at the race tracks would be extra busy.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

annalexandria

Postby annalexandria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Skypup wrote:Tamara, thank you for sharing. The sarcasm you sensed is likely in part leftover from some past conversations. Please don't be dissuaded from hanging around!

The other issue, at least for me, is that these companies hire people to go online and promote their products with false testimony.
I'm not AT ALL saying this is the case with you, Tamara, but it is a sad reality. Anonymous people on a forum can say anything they want about unproven therapies that cost an arm and a leg. It's just natural to be suspicious, esp when miraculous results are being claimed.
Mom, librarian
Dx age 43, Sept. '09, Stage IV Carcinosarcoma of the colon
5 surgeries, 2009-2011:
colon/sm. bowel res., node removal, peritoneum, hysterectomy
FOLFOX/Avastin Feb.'10-Aug '10
Carbo-Taxol Dec. '10-Feb. 2011
NED since Dec. 2011.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”