My wife's pet scan results

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Danieljt

My wife's pet scan results

Postby Danieljt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:53 pm

We'll if you remember I told you my wife had to have pet scan. It showed stage 1V intermediate to high grade lymphoma bioposy recommended to confirm diagnosis. Needless to say we don't need this . Mon is her bioposy and Tuesday is my third chemo. She says it is what it is. My three dons r pretty shook up but it'll be ok and if not well all be ok. Thanks for letting me share.
70 male stage 3b cc
Dx 5/9/14
Resection 7/1/14
dx 9/14
65 yr wife DLCl
Sct 3/21/19 Ned last 8 mo.

AngelaN
Facebook Username: angelamnicholas

Re: My wife's pet scan results

Postby AngelaN » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:03 pm

I have to wonder sometimes why this happens. How much can one person/two people take? My DH and I were talking last week about people in this situation. I feel bad for me, having to take care of my husband, yet I can't even imagine if I were getting chemo too. I have nothing to complain about. May you have hope and courage. And PLEASE ask your friends and family for help.
DH diagnosed with Stage 4 CRC Nov 2013
11 tx Folfox/Avastin; LAR/liver resection/introp RF of liver - May 2014
3 treatments FOLFIRI
Lung resection - Sept 2014
FOLFIRI + Avastin x 10 treatments
Avastin+5FU q3 weeks x 4
SBRT x 1 lung met
RFA for remaining 3 in Oct and Nov
SBRT for liver met Jan 16
lung mets growing
Enrolled in NIH TIL trial Oct 16
XRT for lung met 12/16
Cells didnt grow for TIL trial Feb 17
Waiting for NCT03085914 at Penn

midlifemom

Postby midlifemom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Daniel, my heart goes out to you. I've sometimes wondered what would happen if my husband was to also become seriously ill. But then I start having a panic attack so I try not to think that way. I wish you both the courage to deal with this and the wisdom to seek help if needed.
Stage 3 cc - dx Jan '14 age 53, cea 2.9
t2n2m0, KRAS mutant, MSS
Folfox Feb - Aug '14
Nov '14 cea 27.7 -2 liver masses
Dec '14 left lobectomy and HAI
Jan '15 FUDR and FOLFIRI
Aug '15 fudr done, liver clear, add avastin for lungs. Cea 4.3
Feb '16 CEA rising
May '16 2 wk break then drop Iri for 6 weeks.
Jul '16 cancer grew, constricted main bile duct. Stent inserted. On break till jaundice clears. CEA climbing. Doing reduced Folfox. Allergic to Oxali.
Sep'16 chemo failed. Trial or hospice?

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Hello. Well this sucks. If you remember I mentioned lymphoma because I have lymphoma on the brain (not literally, thank God) My husband was diagnosed with diffuse large B cell in 1/12, just about 2 years after my diagnosis of stage IV CRC. He underwent an apparently successful stem cell transplant in May of this year, and has about a 50% chance of cure. He is, however, 67 and had a LOT of chemo before the transplant that sort of wore his bone marrow out. They will determine which type of lymphoma your wife has based upon the biopsy tissue. Sometimes they have to send the sample to a second, or even third lab. Typing the lymphoma can be pretty tricky and it is really important that they get it right.

Cancer in both members of a couple at the same time is just so wrong. I hope you have a great family and good friends you can call upon for help with meals, transportation, etc. Do you have kids? If so, that will add some new opportunities for people to help you out. Someone here told me after my husband was diagnosed that if God only gave us what he knew we could handle, he must think I'm a real badass. Well, I'm not a badass, but I DID find out that really, actually taking things one day at a time helped a lot. And a lot of praying.

I would be delighted to PM with you, or speak with you on the phone if you think it might help. Just a guess, but her first chemo will probably be something called R-CHOP, and for most people it's not too bad at all.

Very, very best wishes to you,

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

Danieljt

Postby Danieljt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Bev this is Jackie, I always feel so much better when you post. For some reason it comforts me. I will keep posting because my hubby is not up to dealing with things. We live in a small Midwest community. Our family has been farming since the 1900's. Dan n I have three wonderful SOS age 42' 37' and 36. One lives across the road from us and the other two live within 5 miles. I have 6 grand kids 2 yrs to 13 years they r the love of our lives. It hit the boys pretty hard about their father n now this with me but we have to wait for bioposy before we all freak ot. Love to talk to you some time when things settle down. I been looking for lymphoma forum but they don't compare to this one. We'll keep in touch. Oh yea we live in Illinois 90 miles west of Chicago.
70 male stage 3b cc
Dx 5/9/14
Resection 7/1/14
dx 9/14
65 yr wife DLCl
Sct 3/21/19 Ned last 8 mo.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”