Colonoscopy Results

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Colonoscopy Results

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:21 am

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and as I'm sure you all understand i have been at my wits end lately waiting for the results of my colonsoscopy.
I'm 24 and have had severe abdominal pain and even some chest pain and bouts of diarrhea for over a year and the doc said he was pretty sure it was IBS but I asked for a colonoscopy anyway. I also recently noticed small lumps in my lymph nodes in my neck, armpit and groin which didn't help matters so I went straight to the doc who says it shouldn't be anything to worry about and that I am probably just fighting an infection and they are doing their job normally.
He also had a very brief report back from the colonoscopy. It just said that the sigmoid was very inflamed and swollen and the results would be discussed with me in full when I return for my follow-up. I'm not sure if I should at least be happy that there was no mention of a tumour or perhaps they wouldn't have mentioned this on the report until biopsy results were back? I'm starting to think it is more likely to be ulcerative colitis or something?? I know there is no point in speculating until I have my follow-up appointment but it seems to be taking forever!!!

Anyway... just thought it may help to get it out there!

ASTEPHENS33

My thoughts

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:45 pm

I think you taking charge of your self-care is great! I know when I was first diagnosed and during treatment I couldn't really "hear" all that was being said. I would definitely ask for a written copy of all test results, so you can really know what was said, as well as having them convenient for reference and if you go for a second opinion. I took another person with me - for a second set of ears.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:26 am

Hi All,
Hope everyone is well. Good news - I got my results today and the biopsy came back all clear! I've been booked in for a barium x-ray and abdominal ultrasound to see if we can find out what the hell is wrong but I'll take that for now!! Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight and one good thing that has come out of all this is that I feel like I know every inch of my colon now as well as everything that can possible be wrong with it whereas before I barely even knew what or where it was!!

Thanks guys...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”