WEED.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
justin case

Re: WEED.

Postby justin case » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 pm

We are getting so lenient in marijuana law enforcement down here in Houston! The Chief of Police has just stated that the jails are overcrowded with first time offenders ,and would like to give first time offenders a break.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

KWT

Postby KWT » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:56 am

That chief must be a west coast transplant!

justin case

Postby justin case » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:39 pm

kennyt-wisted wrote:That chief must be a west coast transplant!

Nope, just lazy 8)
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Don.in.Dallas

Postby Don.in.Dallas » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Hmmm, I wonder if I could lure him a few miles up I-45 to Dallas?
Male 56 at DX 05/14
05/14 Resection, 3.2cm sigmoid CRC Stage IIIb, 2/17 nodes, T3N1M0
06/14 PET scan clear, portacath install
06/14 Begin FOLFOX6 12x, End 01/15
09/20 Still NED!
----
Previous: Laryngeal cancer
33 x rad
NED since 12/09

Don.in.Dallas

Postby Don.in.Dallas » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:05 pm

I ran out of MJ just prior to the long holiday weekend here in the U.S. and learned what a difference MJ makes in how I feel. For those two days I dealt with far more discomfort than when using MJ. Not a complete surprise, but the range of "feel bad" was greater than I thought. It snuck up on me because I have been using MJ for months and had lost track of its contribution.

Fortunately, my Dallas Buyer's Club representative, as I call her, texted me on Thanksgiving Day with good news. We met up later in the day. Once received, I went around to the back of the pub and got down to business. In 10-15 minutes the long nausea spell ended, energy picked up a bit and, feeling human again, my attitude changed. I hung around for a couple of hours and partied with holiday celebrants.

Like Kenny, I don't have paranoia issues. My theory is that we CRC victims live at a level of, say, negative 8. Normal life is, say, 0. MJ gives me a boost that gets me closer to normal life. It doesn't, though, give me a real buzz. No paranoia. I even used it immediately before infusion yesterday and noticed nothing perceptively different about my visit to the cancer clinic except that I felt better. That surreal feeling I used to getIf I were not sick, I suspect this stuff would make for some some crazy fun evenings.

The cultivars I tried are: Girl Scout Cookies, Mr. Nice Guy, San Fernando <something>, Purple Kush and whatever nameless stuff I have now. Wifey will not allow the nameless stuff in the house anymore because there is some peculiar aspect of the smoke that triggers her asthma. Wifey doesn't smoke, of course, nor do I, but she does allow me to smoke MJ freely. I'll keep watching for other cultivars in this thread.
Male 56 at DX 05/14
05/14 Resection, 3.2cm sigmoid CRC Stage IIIb, 2/17 nodes, T3N1M0
06/14 PET scan clear, portacath install
06/14 Begin FOLFOX6 12x, End 01/15
09/20 Still NED!
----
Previous: Laryngeal cancer
33 x rad
NED since 12/09

sparklefox
Facebook Username: erin.marshall.0

Postby sparklefox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Don.in.Dallas wrote:
The cultivars I tried are: Girl Scout Cookies, Mr. Nice Guy, San Fernando <something>, Purple Kush and whatever nameless stuff I have now. Wifey will not allow the nameless stuff in the house anymore because there is some peculiar aspect of the smoke that triggers her asthma. Wifey doesn't smoke, of course, nor do I, but she does allow me to smoke MJ freely. I'll keep watching for other cultivars in this thread.

This is helpful to me - I am just starting my experimentation with mj for the myriad of stupid discomforts that cancer seems to be gifting me. :cry:

I tried edibles, but I have decided that they're not for me. I can't seem to get the dosage right, and the really MESSED up feeling is worse than what I was trying to medicate in the first place. I guess that's fun for some, but it's not for me.

I need some recommendations for strains that will make me feel better, without making me feel stupid. Something that allows me to be functional and uplifted, that will ease the body anxiety that's *really* becoming a problem. I don't know, maybe those are two different approaches (sativa vs indica).

I just want to feel better. Cancer bites. :cry:
rectal cancer - Aug 22, 2014
46 yrs old at dx
stage II/III
radiation 6 weeks
daily 5FU 6 weeks
surgery scheduled for Dec.23,2014 - Merry Christmas to me!

KWT

Postby KWT » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 pm

I just recieved the vapex evo vaporizor for my Xmas present to myself. Must take our medicine in good form, no?

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:52 pm

kennyt-wisted wrote:I just recieved the vapex evo vaporizor for my Xmas present to myself. Must take our medicine in good form, no?

If I would have known, for Christmas I would have sent you the big bamboo, from my Cheech and Chong album, although that is a rare item to have. Somehow, people actually used a rolling paper, big enough for an once. Geez, whatever happened to making pipes out of lamp parts, and putting a screen aerator in them, and selling them for big bucks? You could actually increase the prices, if you sold Nehru jacket, and hookahs.
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

BrownBagger

Postby BrownBagger » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:03 pm

kennyt-wisted wrote:I just recieved the vapex evo vaporizor for my Xmas present to myself. Must take our medicine in good form, no?

I have a nice vape, Kenny, but don't use it anymore (since my lung got into the act). Gotta sell it on Ebay one of these days.

Anyway, I'm told that the best way to clean the glass part that holds the herb is with alcohol. I used to just boil mine in water, which works great, but I'm told that it weakens the glass and will eventually cause it to break. More likely (like me), you'll drop it on a tile floor and that will be that.

I prefer vaping to smoking raw herb, but it still hits your thread and lungs pretty hard when you get a good hit. Reminds me of the "choking red" hash we used to use back in the day.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:07 pm

BrownBagger wrote:

I have a nice vape, Kenny, but don't use it anymore (since my lung got into the act). Gotta sell it on Ebay one of these days.

Anyway, I'm told that the best way to clean the glass part that holds the herb is with alcohol. I used to just boil mine in water, which works great, but I'm told that it weakens the glass and will eventually cause it to break. More likely (like me), you'll drop it on a tile floor and that will be that.

I prefer vaping to smoking raw herb, but it still hits your thread and lungs pretty hard when you get a good hit. Reminds me of the "choking red" hash we used to use back in the day.

Hi BB, I don't think Kenny is old enough to remember Red hash, or Thai stick, or black hash mixed with opium 8)
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”