Lynch Syndrome 2013, just diagnosed colon cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mstults

Re: Lynch Syndrome 2013, just diagnosed colon cancer

Postby mstults » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't have lynch and can't add anything to what's been said about that. I agree with yearly colonoscopies but I would have to be given a very good reason for scans to be yearly. Very few people live a year untreated with pancreatic cancer. And the pancreas is not the only worry. The liver and lungs are at risk. I would discuss more frequent scans with the oncologist. There is a radiation exposure problem with frequent scans but as someone said its not if but when. I know nothing about lynch, just some thoughts I'd run by the doctors. Being stage IV I do know a bit about dealing with it. It's a fine line you will have to learn to walk in order to avoid letting it rule your life yet realizing that putting it out of your thoughts completely is not in the realm of reality. There is much help available here as well as other sites.
Male Age 53. Dx CC with numerous liver mets 6/23/12. Colon res 6/24/12. Started folfox 7/24/12. Added avastin 8/27/12. CT 12/27/12 still showing shrink. Took 17 rounds of FOLFOX. Then 5-FU + Avastin. Switched to Irinotecan for 1 yr. CEA rose to >400. Switched to Vectibix 2/18/15. CEA decreasing. Scans show some growth in liver mets. Lung Mets stable to shrinking.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.stults2/about?ref=home_edit_profile&section=work

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”