First Annual CC Barbecue Attn: Everyone

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

Re: First Annual CC Barbecue Attn: Everyone

Postby CRguy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:29 pm

GO AHEAD ....
do you feel LUCKY ???
WELL do ya' punk....???

Pull Michael's finger ...!!!! :twisted:
Go Ahead .......make our day..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OK new ground rules for the BBQ :

NO NATURAL ..... natural gas.
NO finger pulls.
NO MORE VISUALS ! ..... In deference to Voxx and Vicki ... apparently .... ?????? Image

footnote : I have all my hair so the "redneck BBQ" is NOT CR :mrgreen:

WHOOAAA mountains in the photo ??? maybe twisted kenny :?: YO' he BAAAAD !
We all know HE BAAAD !!!

Oh and for future reference ... CR NOT be cookin' on dat grill ! NO way NO how NO place ...... just me !

(( FYI y'all : that pix was my son's desktop photo when he was in grade 10 or so ...... Yes I KNOW, it does not say a lot about all of us here :shock:
.... BUTT I still laff as hard every time I see it now, as when I first saw it. ))

I'll go now.

:mrgreen:
Cheers and Harmony all
'cos life cannot be all serious all the time
ONLY when it really has to be

CR

Voxx66
Facebook Username: Michael Void Ward

Postby Voxx66 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:42 am

I'm finally over the hangover. Pretty sure I had nightmares about butts and gas grills ha ha ha.
DX and resect 10/2012 age 46
Stage IIa CRC
liver mets both lobes 8/2013
CEA 28
FOLFOX + Avastin 8/26/13 3 rounds
Folfox only 3 rds + rd 8
platelets low round 7,9,10 5FU only
1/14 CEA 1.0 y90
5fu
10/14 mets lung and peri
1/15 Folfiri

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:52 am

If you look closely at that picture, there is a young child's shadow. I wonder how little CR got that pic on his computer :shock: :shock: Oh, and there is a hair club for Canadians I think :|
Just sayin,
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

RayGirl

Postby RayGirl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 pm

I love to eat some Paula Deen inspired cooking! Count me in if I can work out my kiddos schedules.

Now it's time for a nap after fours sleep from a Girl Scout sleepover... Why did I volunteer so willingly?
Stage III Rectal: T3, 3/21 Nodes
dxn:Feb-10
Radiation&Xeloda
7.5 hr surgery
12th FOLFOX Nov-10
Takedown:Jan-11

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Delinda

Postby Delinda » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 pm

I can't believe how this has just exploded! I loved the idea of a BBQ but figured it would be too far away for me to attend. It never occurred to me to dream big. NOW I GET IT! I'm so in - pending chemo schedule juggling if needed. I'm still chokiing & snorting over the "gas BBQ" photo. We so need and deserve this!! Something crazy fun to look forward to is exactly what I need, how 'bout the rest of you? Having face time with this group would mean so much! I don't have mad skills like some of you, but I'm a quick study & willing to help where needed. Let's party!!!!! Any suggestions yet on where or when yet?
62 yo wife & mom
4/14 dx stage IIIC colon cancer
4.5cm tumor, 9/28 nodes
temp colostomy, take down 6/14
7/14 start FOLFOX, 6 mo

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm still so intent on doing this and I believe WE WILL. I am amazed (not really surprised though) to see all the careers our pals here have had. What an incredible group. I think we'll need to get some committees together. I have been watching the enthusiasm a bit from the sidelines since Wednesday, when I had yet another tooth extracted (frigging chemo and teeth) It looks like I'm developing another "dry socket"...had that last summer with the two teeth I had extracted then, and it is amazing amount of pain. I'll be calling the dentist tomorrow and ask her to check it out. Will probably be antibiotics, packing and heavy duty pain meds for a while.

If anyone can think of a clever way to figure out where we are all located (concentrated) please do it! I can't think of how to do that (including our pals in other countries (ie non-US) I am thinking first of asking for one of the airlines to donate airfare. Someone (can't think of who right now) possibly had a connection with United Airlines? I'll track down who mentioned this and talk more about it. Obviously first thing, we need a location and dates.

I purely love it that a lot of you are interested in participating. Once we actually figure out at date, or several options of dates, we're going to have to do a sort of accurate head count, understanding of course that health stuff can come up to change people's plans.

Anyone particularly interested in a Colon Club or cancer research fund-raising arm of this. It would be fantastic to try to do some fundraising while we are having some fun. It would be so wonderful to do it in honor of all of our lost friends here.

Also someone, I think, mentioned if caregivers, widows, widowers would be welcome. I say, of course, YES. You are just as much family too! Thoughts on this are welcome.
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

wwroam
Facebook Username: Wayne Whitaker

Postby wwroam » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 am

I have long been a member of an internet travel web site, a feature of which has been meets held around the world. A classification of Virtual Attendee has been created to cater for those who cannot attend. This might be a nice thought here as well.
Stage 3a DX 25/06/07
Folfox complete 30/01/08
7 years NED
Port scheduled for removal 8/02/10 Gone.
PSA .54 No prostate problems
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic
SO diagnosed CC Stage IV Liver Mets 23/03/15

J-man

Postby J-man » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:11 am

Bev G wrote:I'm still so intent on doing this and I believe WE WILL. I am amazed (not really surprised though) to see all the careers our pals here have had. What an incredible group. I think we'll need to get some committees together. I have been watching the enthusiasm a bit from the sidelines since Wednesday, when I had yet another tooth extracted (frigging chemo and teeth) It looks like I'm developing another "dry socket"...had that last summer with the two teeth I had extracted then, and it is amazing amount of pain. I'll be calling the dentist tomorrow and ask her to check it out. Will probably be antibiotics, packing and heavy duty pain meds for a while.

If anyone can think of a clever way to figure out where we are all located (concentrated) please do it! I can't think of how to do that (including our pals in other countries (ie non-US) I am thinking first of asking for one of the airlines to donate airfare. Someone (can't think of who right now) possibly had a connection with United Airlines? I'll track down who mentioned this and talk more about it. Obviously first thing, we need a location and dates.

I purely love it that a lot of you are interested in participating. Once we actually figure out at date, or several options of dates, we're going to have to do a sort of accurate head count, understanding of course that health stuff can come up to change people's plans.

Anyone particularly interested in a Colon Club or cancer research fund-raising arm of this. It would be fantastic to try to do some fundraising while we are having some fun. It would be so wonderful to do it in honor of all of our lost friends here.

Also someone, I think, mentioned if caregivers, widows, widowers would be welcome. I say, of course, YES. You are just as much family too! Thoughts on this are welcome.

I believe anyone who has been touched by colon cancer and wishes to be a part of this event should be welcome.
I am waiting to hear any more details about this event please.
I think the virtual attendee is a great idea. Everyone uses Skype and there could be a live video feed of the event for everyone to share no matter where they are.

edinaman

Postby edinaman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am

This sounds like a great idea. When I told my wife, she said "of course we will attend".
I would think that Get Your Rear in Gear may be willing to participate in some way. I know when one of the trainers at the health club was diagnosed, the club arranged a benefit. I called Anne from GYRIG, and she sent over shirts, wrist bands, pamphlets, etc.
Jeff
Went in for surgery for a cyst on my bladder, and they found colon cancer growing on the outside of the colon. Got to have two surgeries at the same time! Stage 3, one node involved.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”