Discussions about Death

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Cb75

Re: Discussions about Death

Postby Cb75 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks to everyone who has posted here. I really do appreciate all if the different perspectives as I sort out my own thoughts and feelings. I really appreciate the openness and acceptance, without judgement. I'm going to look into he death cafe thing, it might be worth a visit.

Cb
39y female Stage IV
diagnosed April 2012
sigmoid resect May 2012
liver resect Aug 2012
Folfox Oct 2012
lungs Sep 2013
R and L laser lung resection Nov 2013/Feb 2014
FOLFIRI and Avastin Apr 2014 ongoing...

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 pm

the one I like was from John 1??? '...bless me with glory of god BEFORE the world began.

I found a place of like mind believers so happy. I am spiritual so can use all religions to
build foundations. It did shake me up but know it is true. Jesus was NEVER a Christian. He was jewish - he founded the Christian religion but his birth- parents - education --etc
was Jewish. I heard the Pope talk about it 20 years ago.

the more I learn the less I know. :wink:
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

mymom

Postby mymom » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

My parents and I are practicing Catholics. I do strongly believe there is an after life. My mother I think questions this a lot more lately. But I personally believe there is an after life. Too much I read and hear about to believe there is not. I believe in ghosts as well. I think of it this way. Just because we can't see it or comprehend it (I hear we only use a small percentage of our brain) doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I can't see life on other planets or comprehend what that is like but I know there is life on other planets. To think we are alone in this universe to me is just stupid. What exactly the afterlife is I am not sure but I hope it is amazing.
Stage 4 CC DX 5/11
colon/livr rsct 5/11(1 met)
Folfox July-11/11
NED to 5/12
New Primry BC-4/12,Stage 1
2 livermet 5/2012
Liver rsct,HAI 6/12,Folfiri
NED to 10/13,1 liver met,ablation, Folfiri
NED to 12/14, another spot
3/15 NED
Ablation 1 liver met 10/15
1/16-current NED
6/22- small spot liver again, ablation oct 2023

Voxx66
Facebook Username: Michael Void Ward

Postby Voxx66 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:26 pm

One factual correction that I am making mostly because a certain movie's ads are bugging me: The average Human uses nearly 100% of their brains. Now that doesn't mean they use it efficiently or paeticularly well ha ha.
DX and resect 10/2012 age 46
Stage IIa CRC
liver mets both lobes 8/2013
CEA 28
FOLFOX + Avastin 8/26/13 3 rounds
Folfox only 3 rds + rd 8
platelets low round 7,9,10 5FU only
1/14 CEA 1.0 y90
5fu
10/14 mets lung and peri
1/15 Folfiri

jgall

Postby jgall » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:53 am

Voxx66 - I don't care how much of the brain we use or don't, that move was AWESOME! :lol:
DH Chris, 50, Dx Nov '10 Stg 4
cardiac arrest from 5-FU
Iri/Erbi, RFA, liver/colon resection, more Iri/Erbi
Oct14-Feb15 clinical trial
SIRT Apr15-unsuccessful
Stopped treatment May15
Hospice July15
Passed 8/15/15
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/chrisandjulia

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 am

just questions

1- do you hear out of the blue - no one around- some calling your name? I hear it clearly one time (10 times now)

2- do you see just out of the corner of you eye - something move really fast- went to eye doc - eyes are fine

3- close eyes - u see a light tan color silk sheet and faces pressed in- most I know but some are really odd (panthers)

4- something touchs u at night? could be dog
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

KWT

Postby KWT » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:04 am

I have a wife, two kids, two dogs and a couple cats I don't remember the last time I was alone.

pukalania

Postby pukalania » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:40 am

thanks for posting that...i've been thinking about that lately too...whenever death comes it seems to create this super lonely place around..but my four year old had an interesting idea the other day ( i have no idea where she got that from but i'll take that for now) :) she was playing with her dolls...when one of them was sick..and then died ,went in the sky...so when her friend was missing her she would sing and the "dead" dolly would come back from the sky...i asked her how do you know about this...and she said..i'm just making a movie... :shock: kinda creepy...at first but maybe helps...with the loneliness idea? :roll:
wife 34 dx DH stage IV
Feb10 col res
May10 12 x FOLFOX
Aug12 tumor in sig colon,mets in liver
Aug12 Xeliri Ava
Oct12 xel celebrx rad
Feb13 liver/colon res
Sep13 ill reversal, fistula,
Folfiri SBRT,ADAPT ava
Apr 15 continued growth liver and lungs

andy21

Postby andy21 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Reincarnation Stories: Meet 3 Children Who Lived Before

http://www.rd.com/true-stories/inspirin ... n-stories/

Among the UVA case studies is the story of an Oklahoma boy named Ryan. A few years ago, the four-year-old woke up screaming at two in the morning. Over the preceding months, he’d been pleading with his bewildered mother, Cyndi, to take him to the house where he’d “lived before.” In tears, he’d beg her to return him to his glittering life in Hollywood—
complete with a big house, a pool, and fast cars—that was so fabulous, he once said, “I can’t live in these conditions. My last home was much better.”

When Cyndi went into her son’s room that night, Ryan kept repeating the same words—“Mommy, I’m so homesick”—as she tried to comfort him and rock him to sleep.
“He was like a little old man who couldn’t remember all the details of his life. He was so frustrated and 
sad,” Cyndi says.

The next morning, she went to the library, borrowed a pile of books about old Hollywood, and brought them home. With Ryan in her lap, Cyndi went through the volumes; she was hoping the pictures might soothe him. Instead, he became more and more excited as they looked at one particular book. When they came to a still of a scene from 
a 1932 movie called Night After Night, he stopped her.

“Mama,” he shouted, pointing to one of the actors, who wasn’t identified. “That guy’s me! The old me!”

“I was shocked,” Cyndi admits. “I never thought that we’d find the person he thought he was.” But she was equally relieved. “Ryan had talked about his other life and been so unhappy, and now we had something to go on.”

Although neither Cyndi nor her husband believed in reincarnation, she went back to the library the next day and checked out a book about children who possessed memories of their past lives. At the end of it was a note from the author, professor Jim Tucker, MD, saying that he wanted to hear from the parents of kids with similar stories. Cyndi sat down to write him a letter.

Read more: http://www.rd.com/true-stories/inspirin ... z3QKZgAu5U
Caregiver: To 67 Yr father
diag. Stage IV, 5/12, liver mets
6 cycles Xelox/Avastin, Start 06/12
Stage 1 of Two Stage Resection Surgery in Dec, 12. 2nd line fails.
T Cell Trial May-Jul, 2013
Becomes a Heavenly Angel in August, 2013

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:48 pm

I believe in an afterlife. I do not believe in hell. I believe in God, but I do not have a religion. The God I believe in is love and is not vein and would not punish people for what many people call sins. Yes there is evil and I do not know why or where they go. I do not have all the answers and I will never judge. I believe everyone has a right to believe what they feel.

Cb75

Postby Cb75 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:42 pm

I was thinking about this post today. Thank you for bringing it back up to the front page. When I first started this thread, I was in a very different place in terms of my cancer (going back to chemo after recurrence) and my spirituality. Since then I have been on a journey of my own to come to terms with my soul and who I am. I've done 20 more rounds of chemo, therapy, past life regression, hypnosis, reiki, meditation, chanting, yelling, singing....trying to seek guidance from my subconscious and to see a sign from God.

I wish I could put into words the feelings I have as I come to terms with my physical mortality. I have bought at least ten journals/note books that are waiting for words to fill them. I'm having a hard to explaining the transition that I am going through. What I can say, is that there are times I feel so wonderful and am filled with so much joy and love that I want to explode (its not the weed for those who know me...lol). This love and energy is God. This is WHY we are here, to feel, to love, to experience as much as possible. I never felt this before now. Yes, I have cancer. Yes, I know the reality of this disease. No, I am not crazy. Sometimes, I even have moments where I forget about the cancer and just LIVE in that moment....

Beliefs about death and life and spirituality are so personal and can be controversial. I really appreciate discussions like this, with so many different perspectives and opinions from individuals from a diverse background and history. We do have the commonality of having cancer in our lives. However, beliefs about death and life and spirituality are so personal and can be controversial.

cb <3
39y female Stage IV
diagnosed April 2012
sigmoid resect May 2012
liver resect Aug 2012
Folfox Oct 2012
lungs Sep 2013
R and L laser lung resection Nov 2013/Feb 2014
FOLFIRI and Avastin Apr 2014 ongoing...

Nik Colon

Postby Nik Colon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Just wanted to add a few things along with my above post. I said I do not believe in hell, but in saying that I mean the devil, etc. I believe hell is right here on earth.

For ALL religions, I believe no one is wrong in their belief as that is what it is, belief. Any way you choose to believe or to not believe, no one can state any as a fact, so imo, no one has the right to argue either way.

In closing, we will ALL know the TRUE answer when we die. Until then, live and let live.

Nik

ScottNM

Postby ScottNM » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Well, my wife is about 3-6 weeks from death. She and I found hope in Jesus. For us, sin is universal and the cause of pain and suffering. The cross and resurrection is different in that Buddha, Muhammed etc did not raise from the dead, nor was crucififed. I was a drug addict and my wife had bi polar. I have been set free for 25 years instantly. I do not go to AA or drug programs. I am free. She is has been an RN for many years. Death is one per person. Personally, glad for my own personal experience with Jesus. I know there are hypocrites, all I can say is Jesus is no hypocrite. I respect others. I have friends of all persuasions. This is just my experience. God bless

KWT

Postby KWT » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:55 pm

The Four Truths

The Truth Of Suffering.
The Truth Of The Cause Of Suffering.
The Truth Of The Cessation Of Suffering.
The Truth Of The Path That Ends Suffering.

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

My one truth :

Why ?

Yes.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”