New to Colon Club

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mazzmor

New to Colon Club

Postby mazzmor » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi!
I'm 49 years old and was diagnosed with colon cancer 4 1/2 years ago. I was very lucky...early detection. I had surgery, removed 12 inches of my colon and my cancer was contained in the colon only and did not penetrate the colon wall at all. So, no chemo or radiation. Last year I had a PET scan and everything was clear. No colon cancer history in my family.
I'm always interested in other colon cancer patients stories.
I wear a blue ribbon every day and a blue bracelet - 'colorectal cancer: preventable, treatable, beatable' My 22 year old daughter just got a small blue ribbon tattoo on her wrist...not happy at all about her getting the tattoo but was very touched by the thought.
:D

Holly

wow

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:17 pm

Congratulations on your SURVIVORSHIP :lol: May you continue to be well and know that you are in my prayers!

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 am

Wow!! Congratulations to you! People like you give me such hope. I am almost looking forward to my first blood test since my Chemo 11 weeks ago. I just know this is going to be the first of many CLEAN tests and Praise God for it every day! Talking to people here and hearing all your stories just keeps me pumped. New drugs like the one for Breast Cancer, Herpison (sp), that is working keeps me pumped too. If they are finding something that works for breast cancer, they will soon find something that works all the time for Colon Cancer too. I just keep praying for God to give these scientists the knowledge they need to create these cures!!! Can you tell I am just a bit upbeat today? :roll: LOL Sorry, it is Friday, feel great and it is beautiful out!!

Love ya all here and you are ALL in my prayers!!!
Peg

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:19 am

OOPS!!! I goofed bigtime on that new Breast Cancer drug! LOL It is herceptin not herpicin!!! I guess Herpicin is for herpes treatment??? LOL LOL what the heck, I am not a doctor huh! :roll:

Peg :)

Holly

wow

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:13 pm

You are welcome! You inspire me and I hope you will update the Colon Club on your next CLEAN scan report.

Awaiting...and grateful, I am

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”