Feeling like things aren't too good!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Nester

Re: Feeling like things aren't too good!

Postby Nester » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:04 am

Thinking of you as well.

Hope your suffering and pain will stop soon and you'll be back enjoying the good moments in life.

M.
Diag @ 30yo St IV 12/11 Appdx crcnma (mets to peri)
12/11 2x Colectomy (1 HIPEC)
2/12 - 7/12 CAPOX
2/12 - 5/13 NED
5/13 Explorative Surgery (1 small nodule found)
9/13 Start FOLFIRI
10/13 Obstruction - Surgery + Colostomy
1/14-6/14
Life @ sunset

singingholly

Postby singingholly » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:02 am

Any news Lisa?
Dec2011 sigm IIIst res T3N1(2/18)M0 Xelox
Oct2012 5liv.mets Dec 2012 liv.res
Jan2013 1liv.met Folfiri+avastin
Jul2013 liv.res Folfiri+/av
Feb2014 10+2lu.mets & 1abd node Folfoxiri+SBRT
Sep2014 Res rx l. BUT spot on diaph:SBRT
Dec2014 3+6lu.mets.Immuno

LKGower

Postby LKGower » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks for the bday wishes Bev :)

Carol, I spoke with my oncologist about the immunotherapy trial. There was a bit of confusion..I thought this trial was in north ryde, Sydney but turns out that was just the pharma company Merck.
So I am going to have to ring the company and find out where exactly this trial is.

As for the trial with is Nivolumab plus Ipil (ok I don't know how to spell it but it's a long name that starts off like that haha). This trial for colorectal cancer is not in Australia but they have this trial in Australia for melanoma. In fact the hospital they are doing it at is Westmead hospital which is where my oncologist is usually based and the hospital itself isn't far from my home. So my oncologist is going to suss it out for me. Maybe they will consider the trial for my type of cancer?! Who knows! But no harm in trying.

Maia, this one is for you! :) I asked about the adapt therapy and my oncologist has agreed we can give it a go as Celebrex is a registered drug here so we don't really need to do all the paperwork etc. So yay to that!

My stupid printer wasn't working this morning so I couldn't print out all the trials I've been wanting to ask about :/ it was so hard trying to find it all in my phone haha so I didn't get the chance to ask about the one in Melbourne opening in September :( and he didn't seem to know about it.

I have to admit it was a bit frustrating and my oncologist can feel the tension between us lol... But he wasn't exactly brushing off trials but wasn't totally agreeing to him either. He just kept saying it all depends cause of my liver?! That a lot of the new drugs affect the liver. I just felt like saying well I want to try it I don't care! He just doesn't want to make me any sucker than I am but I'm thinking to myself, well I'm not exactly getting any better!

He still seems to think we have some chemo options still yet to play around with. I guess that's a bonus.

As for this jaundice situation, MRI wasn't exactly clear either :/ but it looks like there is a blockage in the bile tree or something like that. They were going to admit me tonight but couldn't guarantee procedure would be done tomorrow so I said no as I didn't want to be stuck in hospital for the weekend (trying to have a life) so on Tuesday most likely I'll be having a procedure (sorry I can't even recall what it is) but something about a large needle going through my liver :/ and whatever it is but it will stop whatever is going on and that I might need a bag (some type of drain maybe?) but he's hoping not. But he said once that's done it should fix the jaundice situation yay!

As for how I am feeling, feeling a lot better ;) I had a fun night with my niece. Ordered some Chinese, watched some movies. Love her to bits! She gave me my bday pressie today. A gorgeous necklace with both my nieces initials on there B (Brooklyn~jade) and C (Caitlin). Then a heart charm that was engraved one side saying 'forever always' and the other side saying 'Aunty La la' :) I'm in love with it!

Lisa
Dx 10/12 @ age 28 Stg. IV CRC spread to both ovaries, bladder and liver
Surgery 11/12 - 8/16 LN positive
9/13 Liver resection & RFA - 1/1 LN positive
10/13 boo its back already! Back to chemo

Peabody5422
Facebook Username: debbie.whitaker

Postby Peabody5422 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi Lisa,

Just note: MD Anderson dr. said no surgery. Just chemo for me for life. Lymp: soft tissue around Aorta, Spine at S2 and Conflicting report and biospy for reocurring at original site. Getting port soon. This really sucks! What a difference a month can make.

Hang in there.

Peabody
DX: RC 11/11 T1 N1c MX
Surgery: LAR 12/23/11
Rad & Xeloda: 1/12 - 4/12
Clean CT: 4/12
Reoccur: Lymp 4/14 4 new locations. 2 Aortic, 2 locations Rectum
Chemo to start: 6/14, OXI, Advastin, 5FU
10/14: One tumor left - on Avastin only
Surgeries: 4/15, 7/15 and 8/15 :last tumor w/Illeostomy then Ostomy
NED by 7/15 Surgery

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”