Mother's Day Quotes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
andy21

Mother's Day Quotes

Postby andy21 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:48 pm

To all brave Mother's who are have been touched in any way by CC:

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” —Abraham Lincoln

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” —Dorothy Canfield Fisher

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” ―Washington Irving

Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” —Erich Fromm

My mom had this amazing attitude in the face of everything, including when she got cancer.” —Bill Clinton

My mother … had a very deep inner spirituality that allowed her to rebuild her life. It’s extraordinary that she had such a strong sense of self and such a commitment to the future and such a strong creative sense that she could build new worlds for herself and for us out of the total devastation in her life.” —Caroline Kennedy
Caregiver: To 67 Yr father
diag. Stage IV, 5/12, liver mets
6 cycles Xelox/Avastin, Start 06/12
Stage 1 of Two Stage Resection Surgery in Dec, 12. 2nd line fails.
T Cell Trial May-Jul, 2013
Becomes a Heavenly Angel in August, 2013

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”