So scared of my health

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ray choi

So scared of my health

Postby ray choi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi, i am a 34 years male who is really depressed now because of my health. 2 years ago, i was have contipation . I began to took all forms of laxatives almost daily. The one i used the most are bulking agent, such as meta.. my stool was formed and soft with a diameter of about 1cm to 1.6 cm or muchy stool . However, my bm began heading toward type5 to type6 more often. Everytime, i stopped using this bulking agent for few one or two days, my bm is usually loose and mushy or really thin and soft followed or experienced contipation. After reading all the information on the web,i am starting to really scared of my health. I am wondering can all of this caused by ibs or worse?
I dont have abomonial pain or blood in the stool, but my stool is pretty soft. I also tend to has lot of gas and itchy anal. :( I can still have formed stool with 1.5 cm in diameter if i take fiber supplment and eat lot of vegatables.

I am really sorry for my bad English since it is not my first languge. I also booked an appoinment with a gl doc find out the cause. Right now, i am so depressed because all the syptoms are quite alarming. Thank you for your input!

pog451
Facebook Username: andrew.morgan

Re: So scared of my health

Postby pog451 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:02 am

Ray,

Im sorry, but those "symptoms" aren't really indicative of anything, particularly as you are clearly self- and over-medicating and currently apparently relying entirely on "Dr. Google" for your self-diagnosis.

Bowel symptoms are also commonly psychosomatic...

If you are uncomfortable, the only solution is get to a GI-expert ASAP and if he doesn't have a better idea book yourself a colonoscopy just to ensure you don't have anything that would be relevant to this forum.

I hope, for your sake, that everything clears up and that you do not have cause to return here. If you do, you will find further help as and when. Until then, my bet would be bad diet or stress...
09.11 Dx @ 46, uT3uN1M0 G2
11.11 radio+Xeloda
01.12 LAR
03.12 Xeloda
09.12 Liver mets, 2 LN
09.12 Folfox+Avastin
02.13 Resection
04.13 Folfox & Avastin
11.13 Local recurrence
02-07.14 FOLFIRINOX
08.14 Re-rediation
Left us 28.05.2015

ANDRETEXAS

Postby ANDRETEXAS » Wed May 07, 2014 7:21 am

I would tell anyone if if you are concerned about a health issue or notice something about your body that is not normal....go to a doctor GL in this case) now and get it checked out. If it's simply taken care of ---great. If not, you've found out what's wrong, correct it and will quit worrying.
2/10/14 - Colon resect
2/13 - DX- Stage IIIb
6 of 18 lymph nodes cancerous
3/7 - Port placed
3/11 - FOLFOX (12 rds w/full oxi)
8/14 - Chemo finish
8/25 - CT- Inc
9/5 - clean PET
12/10- clean CT

3/2/15 - Clean colonoscopy & port removed
3/4 - clean CT
9/21- clean CT

3/23/16 - clean CT

2/22/17- clean CT

3/21/18 - clean CT
4/1 - clean colonoscopy

3/11/19 - clean CT
9/23 - Five-year release - Annual visits now !

4/13/23 - clean colonoscopy

ONE DAY AT A TIME !

ray choi

Postby ray choi » Fri May 09, 2014 10:18 am

I am really grateful for your insights. I will have a coloncopy next tus. However , the thought of having my worst nightmare is giving me extremely depression. All of my symptoms are alarming and i am having this for years. I am still trying to be postive, but i cant stop thinking what will happen to me and my family if ......

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”