Regarding the "Hallwang clinic"

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
pete43lost_at_sea

Re: Regarding the "Hallwang clinic"

Postby pete43lost_at_sea » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:38 am

Dear friends
I just saw this thread. So i owe my life to hallwang but thats 3 and 1/2 years ago. Im still focused on controlling a very very difficult illness using ALL tools with immunotherapy in its broadest sense.

I recently did good old oxaliplaten at 40% to reduce mdsc to boost dc vaccine and oncolytic virus responses as well as small molecules. Its mostly on blog but some details i leave out to protect doctors from authorities.

Ive shared what and why ive tried what i try. We are all so different and i wish good responses were cheaper and easier for us all.

Hallwang could be the best option for some and the worst for others.

Ive tried to help and guide some but its so complex and given my constant personal challenge its not been effective to the degree id wish for friends. But some have tried what they could and i guess passed in peace.

Its 2016 soon and ive got zero dollars from any commissions on the many deaths of friends. Ive tried to earn money to pay for these effective but expensive therapies.

The tragedy of our illness is we dont have time often to learn whats the best way to treat our cancer.

I do my gest. I share what i can.
Simply wishing us all miracles
Love
Pete

H is for Hawk

Postby H is for Hawk » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Ren's blog (the web link is in Maia's post above) is certainly sobering about the futility of alternative treatments and supplements. Ren tried a dozen alternative cancer treatments like hyperthermia, dendritic cell vaccines, and the ketogenic diet in addition to 30 plus supplements with little success and a poor quality of life during his one year struggle with colon cancer. This certainly confirms the position of the American Cancer Society and Memorial Sloan Kettering that alternative cancer treatments and supplements don't work.
H is for Hawk (57)
10/14 L. hemi-colectomy 3 x 4 x 1 cm tumor, 13/14 lymph nodes pos. pT4a N2B M0 stage 3 MSS
11/14 - 4/15 12x FOLFOX
5/15 PET scan: 2.5 x 1.5 cm l. colon lesion, peri surface lesion SUV 2.4, adenocar., KRAS wd, BRAF V600E mut
6/15 HIPEC
9/15 Pleural lining & liver mets, CA 19-9: 6000
10/15 Vectibix Tafinlar Mekinist
11/15 1500
1/16 200
2/16 100, add Lentinan
3/16 122
6/16 4500
7/16 20,000, CT scan - three new liver mets
8/16 6700, FOLFIRI
9/16 4900, CT scan - two new liver mets
10/16 2255 vinorelbine

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:34 am

Many expect too much from both conventional and alternative medicine, a magic bullet for cancer, vs hard won, multimodal, multicompoment answers.
Hallwang might not be your kiind of clinic or mine, but I appreciate the light that Pete shed in this area, and some of their insights.

H is for Hawk wrote:Ren's blog ... is certainly sobering about the futility of alternative treatments and supplements.

Ren's blog is sobering about the lack of readily available, useful information and options for galloping, fulminant, chemo resistant mCRC. It is even more sobering how difficult it has been to find and get useful, world class treatments like ALPPS and laser lung surgery before we discussed them in these forums and blogs, much less go multimodal or personalized with true CAM chemistry.

Ren early on reached the point of total futility with Folfox, Folfiri and Avastin. Ren himself felt alternative treatment bought him some months. He repeatedly posted about the QoL and pain relief that IV vitamin C brought him from chemo and cancer.

By the end of his life, Ren felt he had been short changed on the best period of opportunity for advanced liver surgery, in earlier consults, by too conservative medical advice.

This certainly confirms the position of the American Cancer Society and Memorial Sloan Kettering that alternative cancer treatments and supplements don't work.

Most major institutions today are not willing, able and ready to practice at the maximum therapeutic index for supplements with old generic drugs off-label.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

vilca11
Location: Moscow, Russia; Baltimore, USA 1992; Vilcabamba, Ecuador 2012

Postby vilca11 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Pete, glad to see you alive and posting, I was thinking about you recently and was going to check on your blog... Very sorry that you are in such a financial situation, but it did buy you significant time, have no idea how you are dealing with all these money issues, while fighting so furiously for your life for so long...

Rp, so glad to have your input back on the forum! I absolutely second you on alternative and supplements point. But the meticulous and amazing work you are doing to maintain your wife's cancer at bay with your semi-alternative approach, is not within the reach of 99.9% of cancer patients, unfortunately, for too many reasons to list here...

As you know, I tried a few "simple" alternatives too, the most upsetting one was the MJ oil, I really believed that, if you take homemade good stuff in a right way, right dose, right time, it will help... Buttt, on the other hand.... May be all I have been doing for years with my supplements, herbs, ALA/Naltrexon/Vit C, MJ oil, did prevent my mets from going into lymph nodes around the liver, or spread from the Right Lobe to Left? Or it is just my "slow" cancer, that has become aggressive only in Aug 2015? I will have mutations soon from MSK Sequencing, will know more what my moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma is about now....
Hugs, Vilca
11/2005 CC stage 1, F,50yo@dx
Mod dif adenocar, MSS, APC, TP53, CEAs1.6-4.8
1/12 1met liver@Vena Cava, RFA, 3oxi,11 5FU
8/13 2 mets same place,SBRT
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
5/14 Nano Knife liver same 2 mets
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
4/15 PET, 2 same mets,Cryo Liver
5/15 MJ Oil, Herbs, Suppl, ADAPT
10/15 PET, same area, doubled in size, high SUV
10/15 RH, HAI, visceral involv., no LN