Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
src1976

Re: newbie

Postby src1976 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks for all the replies!! I am so glad I found this site, it has been so helpful and I am sure to the other "newbies" out there

src1976

Postby src1976 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:31 pm

First round of chemo completed 12 hours ago, so far, so good. Minimal side effects, keeping of top of them with medications prescribed. I realize some symptoms
don't show right away, and of course others are cumulative but just getting this first step done is just a relief. The suggestions I have received have helped so much
with discussing treatment with the oncology team, and has saved him from getting too much chemo determined by weight, which they were going to base on their scales, but didn't realize his braces and shoes add 13 lbs!!! So Thanks everyone!!!

O Stoma Mia

Starting Xelox for Stage III CC

Postby O Stoma Mia » Fri May 09, 2014 1:59 am

On April 17, src1976 wrote:First round of chemo completed 12 hours ago, so far, so good. Minimal side effects, keeping of top of them with medications prescribed. I realize some symptoms don't show right away, and of course others are cumulative but just getting this first step done is just a relief. The suggestions I have received have helped so much with discussing treatment with the oncology team, and has saved him from getting too much chemo determined by weight, which they were going to base on their scales, but didn't realize his braces and shoes add 13 lbs!!! So Thanks everyone!!!

Hi src1976-

It has been over two weeks since your husband started on his Xelox chemo regimen. I have a couple suggestions as you go forward now with his chemo treatments:

• Signature - I think it would help if you put your updated information in a signature block so that it will appear at the bottom of each new message you post as an update in the future. Right now, it appears that your signature would be something like,

Code: Select all

Caregiver to DH,
    (paralyzed waist down)
    Dx CC, Stage III-C, FEB 2014
    T?N2aM0
    6/11 LNs positive
    Surgery,
    10 days hosp
    4.5 weeks, Rehab
    XELOX, 17-APR - (oxaliplatin via IV)
    problems with  mobility,  rehydration
    in hosp. again  7-MAY

You can copy this information over to the Signature creation page, edit it, and click on the Submit button. The signature creation page is here: Create Signature. Then whenever you create a new message just make sure that the signature check-box is enabled so that your signature will be displayed.
  • Stage III caregiver's thread - Second, since you are a caregiver, it may be a good idea to introduce yourself on the Stage III caregiver thread. Just go over there and type a short messaging to introduce yourself and briefly describe your situation. I think you might find some members over there who share similar concerns (i.e., problems with overcoming mobility issues with patients, etc.). The Stage III caregiver thread is located here: Post a message on: 'Wives of Stage III husbands!' Just click on that link and type in your message of introduction there, and see if you can link up with some other caregivers with similar concerns.

src1976

Postby src1976 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:33 am

thanks, will do when I get a minute. He was admitted to SCU at midnight

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”