having pains in my left lower abdomen

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Steve

having pains in my left lower abdomen

Postby Steve » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:35 pm

I saw your article in my local paper. I am 35 years old and have been having sore pains in m lower left abdomen. I have had a couple of diagnosis from my doctors,
one said I have diverticulosis
The other said i dont and it could just be stress.

They did a barium engima on me and found no diverticuli.

I still have pain on that side it comes and goes.

Could it be stress, or something more.

Any suggestions or other tests I might try would be a big help.

Thanks for your website.

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:46 pm

Steve-

Please tell your doc that you want a colonoscopy and will take nothing less. (In other words, when they tell you a sigmoidoscopy should do the trick, tell them no. In my case, a sigmoidoscopy wouldn't have gotten high enough to find my cancer. Lucky for me, I had to have emergency surgery to remove a total blockage before I even had the chance at a sig or fll colonoscopy.)

A lot of docs still don't believe this can happen under age 50 (which is why The Colon Club exhists at all!), and while the liklihood that you have cancer is not super high...what if that is the case? Please read about Miss February in the 2006 Colondar - my replacement! She's a 37 year old African American gastoenterologist who had blood in her stool. Even she didn't think it could happen to her.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

-Molly (aka Miss February 2005)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”