Sort of O/T My Pity Party- RSVP

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Hapa

Re: Sort of O/T My Pity Party- RSVP

Postby Hapa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Wow Bev-so much stress to juggle. You must have some amazing coping skills. Can't imagine taking care of somebody who has treated you so badly for so long. I am not sure i could have lasted -does Lorena Bobbit ring a bell? (Just kidding)

I have loose rocks in my ears too! When the chiropractor told me I thought he was nuts. I actually have Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It will wake me up out of a sound sleep if I turn my head the wrong way in bed. It does go in remission now & again. There are meds for it but I have chosen to just deal with it.

Hope things are going smoother for you
DH Stage 3 RC

Cherie
Facebook Username: cherie

Postby Cherie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:52 am

Hi Bev,

Wow you are going through hell right now. What really upset me was the way your hubby is treating you. Most of the shit that happens to us eg.cancer is out of our control, but we can be kind and thankful to those who look after us. Yes he is obviously having a hard time but you are still aloud to call him out on the way he treats you. AND just because he is sick he doesn't mean it's o.k! Please put him in his place and let him know you are the most valuable thing in his life. Also you do have to stay just because he is sick. You have your own cancer and I bet you never did the yelling and screaming while you were sick.

I have been told we feel pain more when we are depressed and I am still dealing with all the same pain issues you are. Maybe it's time for narcotics instead of antidepressants? Pain is going to make you more depressed why not just stop part of what's causing the depression?

You are a soft kind gentle person and I know anyone here would be concerned if their CEA levels increased. What reason has the doc given you for this change? I would be worried too and I would be asking for a little more deeper investigating. If it is back I would want to catch it quick and small before it spreads again. If the CEA is rising for other reasons get an explanation so you are not always thinking about it.

I am thinking of you and if I had a Captain Kirk, teleportation device, I would come give you a hug and drive your hubby for you and give him a piece of my mind and send you to the spa for the day.

take care
Cherie xox
36Yo F
2000 UC
2013 Stage 4 CC 15/126 LN spread to the omentum
June Collectomy all visible cancer removed
July Folfox + Avastin
2/14 clean scan
8/14 Ileo-anal pouch surgery still NED
1/15 Emergency illeostomy spread to peritoneum and small bowel

Cherie

Postby Cherie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:08 am

P.S I fucken hate that saying "God only gives us what we can handle. Bullshit, I tried to commit suicide after 10 years of bowel disease, I had a breakdown when my first husband was sent to Iraqi and then I suffered PSTD after my daughter was born and I watched her nearly die twice. We are given way more than we can handle and sometimes we break and are never the same again. So ask for help it is o.k and let your friends know you really need it now. You don't have to be " Badass."

xoxo
36Yo F
2000 UC
July Folfox + Avastin
2/14 clean scan

Cherie

Postby Cherie » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:15 pm

How you doing Bev, any improvements?
36Yo F
2000 UC
July Folfox + Avastin
2/14 clean scan

bldblu_2

Postby bldblu_2 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Cherie, I love reading your posts and your insight. Bev, I simply cannot imagine what it must be like to be a patient and a caregiver. You are a wonderful woman, and one I admire so much.
My husband dx 12/2/2011 Colon
Folfox 2/2012-8/2012
March 2013 ~~ it's back
Mets to liver & peritoneum
Folfiri & avastin 4/2013
November 2013 stable scan
4/29/14 last Folfiri/Avastin
5/15/14 scan, new liver mets
6/4/14 Vectibix irenotecan

PainInTheAss

Postby PainInTheAss » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:57 am

I've always loved your balanced, informative posts. Thank you so much for "letting your guard down" and sharing your personal struggles with us. You are a badass! I'm so sorry you're going through all of theses struggles. I hope things get better.

I always think about you when I see the brown girl M&M in the commercial(it's the glasses!).
47yo single mom of 4 (24, 21, 18, 16) at Dx
6/13 - RC T4b IIIc 5LNs on PET CEA 5.4
8/13 - Finish chemorad
10/13 - APR/hyst+ovaries/perm colostomy 2/12 nodes+
6/14 - Finish Xelox 6 rds
1/15 - CT clear CEA 0.2
10/15 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.7
4/16 - CT clear
10/16 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.6
5/17 - PET clear? Follow up MRI to verify inflammation

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”