Anyone using non-toxic alternatives?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
KWT

Re: Anyone using non-toxic alternatives?

Postby KWT » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 am

"I don't know how accurate this is, but according to my oncologist, the oxi accounts for only a 5% improvement in outcomes. He was always willing to cut it back, or remove it if necessary, as it seemed to have the most debilitating long-term effects."

Anna, I keep hearing that 5% thing it seems very minimal. I'm probably a big baby when it comes to the side effects it sounds as though some people have it a lot worse and I really feel for them. I'm having some really bad shoulder pain in both sides and am thinking the oxi is the culprit could be coincidence I guess.

curious56

Postby curious56 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:51 pm

This is a PDF file, so you will have to "open" on your computer.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication ... d5099d.pdf
dx 12/12 with CC Stage IIIB - T3N2aMO
6/18 nodes +
Resection sigmoid 12/12
Xelox 2/13 -- stopped, BAD side effects
Vegan and supplements
Clear scan 11/13
Met to abdomen - surgery 7/14
Philippians 4:6-7

Deb m

Postby Deb m » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 pm

Yes I had my husband use them, and he still takes low maintenance doses. He took these "natural" meds along with folfox. When folfox was completed, we continued for several months and then started cuttingt back and now use a low maintenance dose. I know he received benifits and stil does. I also have two friends both with stage lll colon cancer who could not do convential theraphy, one because he had a serious heart condition and the other because of poor health being 84 years old. The one with the heart condition has been cancer free for over five years now. My other friend is only 10 months out of surgery, but had a clean scan last month. My husband is a little over three years out of surgery and has a scan comming up in a couple of weeks. It is true that the natural way doesn't work for many, but neither does the convential way! There will never be as many studies and clinical trials on this stuff because they doen't get the money for such things from the lobbiests and pharmaceutical companies as do the convential theraphies. If these natural remedies were proven benefitial to people publically, it would put a dent in the million dollar convential theraphy industry and I just don't think they would allow that to happen to them. Just my opinion. I was not brave enough yet to go the all natural route, but I think incorporating them along with conventional theraphy helps alot. I do caution when doing both, to make sure you do you research, and make sure it's safe and won't interfear with chemo. Everybody has to make their own decisions, but be at peace with what you do so it all goes wrong, you can say you did all you could.

vilca11
Location: Moscow, Russia; Baltimore, USA 1992; Vilcabamba, Ecuador 2012

Postby vilca11 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Deb,

Can you please tell us what your friend with the heart condition was using as an alternatives? Also, what alternatives your husband is using in addition to Folfox? Just researching what else might be beneficial to add to my upcoming "protocol", while I think that what I've designed will work well.... So, if you list them here, I will be able to research the info about the mode of actions and interactions with what I've already decided to take.

Ditto to what you wrote. I just do not want to argue and try to explain things that seem obvious to me - this is totally a matter of choice what to believe in. I am a very open minded person and most of my life I made choices/decisions that vast majority of other people would not make. But thanks to that, perhaps, I have no fears, no blames, no anger about this disease - 90% of the time I am in a great mood and so enjoy my life.... I am also so grateful to the Universe for my hard, but such an interesting life before cancer - no regrets, no desire to change even one thing in the past... The other 10% of the time I might be sad that I will not be able to hug my daughter, my husband, my animals, not be able to see my trees and flowers and garden and sacred Mandango profile in the mountains surrounding my house and incredible sky of Inca's land.... But that will not happen soon, my alternatives will keep me here for quite a while in a healthy, functional, happy way, I am very sure....

Trying different things in life, living in different countries, speaking different languages, searching thru philosophical concepts from French/German philosophers to Sufis and Rishis, looking into amazing discoveries of quantum physics - all that helps to explain how the world REALLY works and how open minded people should be to stay happy up to their last trip back to Akasha, no matter what life drops on their laps.... It also helps to accept life and other people, to live and let live, to forgive and be grateful for what you have, to separate important things - Love, Beauty and Truth - from all the rest, since the rest simply does not matter....

Hugs and Peace to all, Vilca :)
11/2005 CC stage 1, F,50yo@dx
Mod dif adenocar, MSS, APC, TP53, CEAs1.6-4.8
1/12 1met liver@Vena Cava, RFA, 3oxi,11 5FU
8/13 2 mets same place,SBRT
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
5/14 Nano Knife liver same 2 mets
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
4/15 PET, 2 same mets,Cryo Liver
5/15 MJ Oil, Herbs, Suppl, ADAPT
10/15 PET, same area, doubled in size, high SUV
10/15 RH, HAI, visceral involv., no LN
2/16 red FF, 50% red dose FUDR, CEA trends up
3/16 CT, PET, MRI L.Lobe all in small tumors
4/16 No acceptable options, going home

Deb m

Postby Deb m » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 am

Hello again Vilca,

The product that my husband took is called Max 3 by cell forte. The two main components in the medicine are IP-6 also known as Inositol/hexaphophate and Maitake Mushroom. A doctor named Abulkalam M. Shamsuddin has been doing research on Inositol since 1975. He wrote a book that has his research and findings titled "IP-6, Natures Revolutionary Cancer- Fighter". Also if you go to www.cancer.org and put in a search for Inositol and maitake mushroom it gives you some information. Dr. Susan Hardwick has also written a small article on it. If you type in Ip 6 for potential cancer treatment and prevention in a random Yahoo search it will pull up a link with her article. This is the main medicine that a naturalist had my friend with the heart problem take. I'm not sure of the other thinks he had him take as well, but as I said this was the main one. I remember him telling me that when he started this protocal, he had to take 16 of these max 3 pills a day for the first 9-12 months, and then tapered back on the dose and now just takes a small maintance does of a few a day. Studies have found so far that this is safe to take with most chemo's and they say it even enhances the effectiveness of conventional theraphy as well. I wil never know just how much it helped my husband, but he has been cancer free for a little over three years now and has another scan comming up in a couple of weeks. My husband also did 12 months of folfox. The doctor that my friend had said that the max 3 is recommended because all of the components in it work well together and make it more effective than just taking the mushroom and inositol. It also contains a product called cats claw. When you go to www.cancer.org, at the bottom of the articles it has links to certain doctors/institutions that have also done some studies on this Ip 6. I believe Solan Kettering has done some looking into it. I think you will find their is quite alot of information out their on it.

I'm sorry that your having to go thru all this, and I do hope that you have many, many years left hear on this earth along with my husband along with my husband as well. I hope you find all this information very helpful to you.

God Bless,

Deb m

vilca11

Postby vilca11 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

Dear Debbie, thank you so very much!!!

This is great info and looks like another wonderful tool to support my protocol. Btw, I have Cat's Claw in my protocol, and PSK is also mushroom derived, so your product seems to be a very much in line with my plan - big help!!! Well, now I will be living until 100 and will run out of $$$$$! :P

I will do the following (I love experimenting!): do my protocol for 6 mo from April to Oct, then after the Oct PET see the results and if any new mets appear, do Max 3. I already spent a few thousand $$ for the fighters in my protocol and it seems that Max 3, taking into account how many pills your friend had to take, will require a few thousand more. But when I come to Baltimore in March, I will check the book of the scientist I mentioned before - it rings a bell about Max 3, very well might be that he was taking Max 3 along with PSK, Genistein and Melatonin. If so, I will order Max 3 in addition to everything I've already ordered right away. It is a huge hassle - every time I come back to my place in Ecuador from Baltimore, I am bringing suitcases full of supplements sufficient for 6mo and pay for a huge overweight.... not speaking of a luggage being very heavy....

Anyway, many thanks again, this is very helpful, Debbie! Hugs and best wishes to you and your husband - many more years for you both to be together!
Vilca :P
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
2/16 red FF, 50% red dose FUDR, CEA trends up
3/16 CT, PET, MRI L.Lobe all in small tumors
4/16 No acceptable options, going home

Deb m

Postby Deb m » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Vilca,

Keep me informed on how things are going for you.

I'm glad you found it helpful.

God Bles,

Deb m

Deb m

Postby Deb m » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Vilca,

Just one more thing. If you decide to do the Max 3 by cell Forte, go to Swanson health products on line and order it thru them. They have the best price on it!

Deb m

vilca11

Postby vilca11 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Wonderful, Debbie - thanks so much again! I checked - it will be $3 cheaper per bottle (and I would need 24 of them for 6mo!) on Swanson than on Amazon. I asked for the promotion code, that is why it is 10% more off and free shipping. And what a great testimonials from people on Amazon! I am so glad you pointed me to Max 3. Btw, Dr. Susan you mentioned before (the article on IP6) just died of breast cancer... I guess, there is no bullet proof things out there, but, hey, so many people live long happy life just on alternatives - I am very hopeful.

Hugs, Vilca :P
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT