CRAZY monkey UPDATES

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
GreenMonkey

CRAZY monkey UPDATES

Postby GreenMonkey » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Okay... here are some crazy updates that I can ONLY post here.

I'm doing my sphincter exercises in anticipation of my upcoming takedown and when I do this sometimes get traces of mucus and a bit of blood but the other day I got an added surprise...... A STAPLE!!! a teenie tiny metal staple. It looks like an upper case B and come to think of it its about the same size as this upper case "B"

It's funny because prior to this there was a post somewhere here about someone having a problem with their metal staples and someone mentioned their doctor used plastic staples. I made a note of that on my "things to ask my surgeon" check list. NOW, I have the answer.

CHEMO prep

Yesterday was round 7 of the oxali. I was very much on the fence about this one. my local oncologist recommended 6 rounds, sloan said 8 and hopkins said 12. There is no way I can do 12. My body is breaking down. I decided to do the 7th but at a reduced amount. I went from 200 (3 rounds), to 160 (3 rounds) and now 120.

I don't want to sound like a baby but I hate everything about chemo (I know we all do). I had a verbal argument with the male phlebotimist (?) I've complained about the plastic containers the sandwiches come in - the crinkle sound they make makes me vomit.(I told you I was crazy). I get mad when they don't have cherry queezie lozenges.... I've bitched about the cost, the nurses when they "forget" to take my vitals prior to infusion. I HATE the port access and have compared it to that scene in pulp fiction when Uma gets the adrenaline stab to the chest.. to sum it up, I act like a baby. A SPOILED BABY.

Anyway... yesterday I took an atavan before I left, covered my port site with that numbing cream. And then, as I was about to leave, I stopped at the refrigerator and spied a bottle of chardonnay. I thought...damn, I won't get a chance to have this for another week or so, so I poured myself a glass and then ...stashed the bottle in my chemo bag.

I was worried they wouldn't let me in with the wine so I drank it in the car. My driver/friend tried to talk me out of it but it was pointless. By the time I got to the hospital, I had finished the wine. Convinced I was fine, I went to the correct floor, checked myself in and waited for my blood draw. The rest is a blurrrrrr. My daughter showed up, not sure why. I think because she's my next of kin. I had two healing touch volunteers working on me at the same time. I was so out of it that I didn't want to leave but then ended up leaving before my ride got there. He found me wondering down the road with a smile on my face. I'm a bit surprised they "served me" my chemo cocktail with a wine buzz. But they did, round 7 is now behind me.

My last infusion is scheduled for...... ST. Patricks Day... I'm irish. I have a leprechaun costume. This should be interesting.
Last edited by GreenMonkey on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC - T3NXMX depth of invasion 3mm - diagnosed 5/26/13 age 53
High Dose, Internal Radiation at Johns Hopkins resulted in a PCR
LAR 9/10/13 - 0-26 nodes. CEA 1.9 post surgery
XELOX started 10/21/13(8 rounds)
11/14 NED
greenmonkeytales.blogspot.com

michelle c

Re: CRAZY monkey UPDATES

Postby michelle c » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:52 pm

You sure are one crazy monkey! :D :D :D
May 25 2009 Dx with CC (sigmoid colon) 2 days after my 44th b'day
CEA prior to surgery 4.7
Jun 3 2009 LAR - Stage III 3/10 lymph nodes
Jul 6 - Dec 10 2009 - 12 cycles FOLFIRI
Genetic testing - inconclusive for Lynch
Jul 2012 port removed & hernia repair

KWT

Postby KWT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:29 pm

That's what's known as a self prescribed pre med. I wll be self medicating myself on my Seven day xelox break. Congrats on number seven. I have two rounds of xelox with avastin left,I'm with you I hate this shit especially the oxi.
Last edited by KWT on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teachpdx

Postby teachpdx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

kennyt wrote:That's what's known as a self prescribed pre med. I wll be self medicating myself on my Seven day xelox break. Congrats on number seven. I have two rounds of xelox with avastin left I'm with you I hate this shit especially the oxi.

I like the "self prescribed..." So true. I'm not on chemo, but you learn to appreciate the drugs that they prescribed to you, interactions with recreational substances and how they help you cope with the shit :evil: that is cancer. kgd
4/24/12 RC T3N1M0 age 53
5/23-7/2 - 26 chemorad - Xeloda
7/16 Lynch- MSH2
8/28 LAR w/ temp ileo, CR, 0/11,M0, hysterectomy
10/13 6 cycles Xeloda - completed only 1 1/2 due to HFS
3/12/13 - reversal
8/13 NED
6/15 - HFS gone!

horizon

Postby horizon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 pm

GreenMonkey wrote:I HATE the port access and have compared it to that scene in pulp fiction when Uma gets the adrenaline stab to the chest.. to sum it up, I act like a baby. A SPOILED BABY.

It's not fun, but without it is no cakewalk. I've had nurses that have had problems getting an IV started that have had to dig and dig and dig and then give up and move to another arm where they dig and dig and dig until they succeed. I was ready to gnaw through the armrest at one point I was getting so upset. After I had the port in and they started an IV with a simple "click" I was so happy I almost bear-hugged the nurse.
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Wow, and I thought I was a rebel putting a little Baileys in my morning coffee. :shock:
Last edited by NWgirl on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

Rheaeliza

Postby Rheaeliza » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Wow! You are wild! And I'm a bartender!

I love your guts, and honesty!
12/7/12: 30 yrs. old, Dx stage 4b.mets to liver, ovary, nodes, ommentum.
7 months chemo, shrinkage!
8/26/13 HIPEC, colon resection,hysterectomy, appndx, gallbladder out.
9/12/13:leak in colon, temp. loop ileost, home 9/18
11/3/13: liver resect.
1/2014 Ostomy reversal, one week later, abcess surg., fistula, tpn.
No more chemo, NED since 11/13

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”