To Juice or Not to Juice

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

To Juice or Not to Juice

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi Everyone
From reading past postings on various internet sites regarding colon cancer, I have come to MY OWN personal conclusion that juicing can enhance a person's immune system when fighting cancer. As a result, I think that this method of nutrition is can be imperative in helping the body to sustain an environment which gives the disease less of a chance of victory. Of course, this varies by individual and isn't always consistent.

Anyone out there find any personal valuable health benefits which they think are linked to juicing? If so, what are they? I.E., NED, blood levels consistent, PET Scans or CT Scans illustrating decreased cancer activity possibly due to a diet of juicing, as opposed to a diet which the same individual does not emphasize this strategy?

Rochelle :)

MOe Tel

Juicing

Postby MOe Tel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:18 am

Hi Rochelle,
I agree with the juicing I have been juicing for 4 years. Beet juice flushes the liver, green green juices are up there as one of the best for the immune. Avoid the fruit as much as you can too much sugar. Cancer loves sugar! Small berries are best. I think it has help me tons. Start out slow especially with the wheatgrass it is nasty but great for the body. I would add lemon to help with the flavor. Never juice seeds of oranges or lemons. There are some great juicing books out there. I can not prove what effect juicing had on my immune I was doing so much. I read a lot that it supports the immune. Hope I have helped.
Maureen

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Juicing

Postby Edward » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:19 am

Hi Rochelle,

I had a doctor give me a book about the benefits of juicing and fighting disease in general. He told me a basic principal which not being a biologist made it easy to understand. He said that fresh juice is not pasteurized and contains live enzymes that are actually good for us. This is probably why milk is good for you.

I have a childhood friend that lived in the Netherlands and now lives in Ireland. He said they have to go to the market everyday or every other day due to the lack of preservatives. But overall, Europeans are probably more healthy than us.

A hypothesis I have is that even though we have come along way in treating disease and illness, we have also traveled supersonic speeds developing preservatives and other environmental toxins that are keeping our medical advances in check.

I am 40 now, but grew up in house with two parents working. I would call people my age and younger the microwave generation. Often no one was around long enough to prepare and eat healthy meal.

I hope this may have helped.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Rochelle

Thank you

Postby Rochelle » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:57 pm

Hi Maureen and Edward,
Thank you for your responses. Below are two juice recipes to enhance liver function:

This one is said to promote the flow of of bile and fat to and from the liver
1/2 BEET
2 APPLES

or another receipe of:

1 DANDELION ROOT OR 4 RADISHES
1/2 BEET INCLUDING TOP
2 CARROTS
1 APPLE

This one is said to promote tone and function of the liver

Rochelle :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”