Liver Resection Consultation

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Christine

Liver Resection Consultation

Postby Christine » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:51 pm

I am going in tomorrow afternoon for a consultation with a surgeon about the possibility of a liver resection. I have three tumors in my liver and one swollen node right next to my IVC. All of these have been significantly shrunken by the six months of chemo that I have endured. I'm really nervous though. Because my response to the chemo has already slowed down and I have been taken off oxaliplatin, I know that my only good chance of getting into remission is this surgery.

I have a feeling that it'll be a sleepless night.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:45 am

Christine,

I hope that your consultation went well. I do hope that you found the answers that you seek. Please do update the colon club on your journey! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers~

Hugs!

Holly

christy217

Postby christy217 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:23 am

Christine,

It's Christy, I respond to your blog, you respond to mine. I don't know how you feel, but I can empathasize when you say it will be a sleepless night, Cancer has certainly contributed to my insominac nature.

Everything sounds good about this liver ressection, you're a tough cookie for enduring chemo for so long, I've had one round and am ready to throw in the towel.

I do have a question for you, have your menstrual cycles ceased since being on chemo? I am worried about my fertility, which seems so trivial now, but it seems like anything I can worry about I do when it comes to this.

Enough ranting, thanks for introducing me to this wonderful board :)
My Blog:
http://www.cdcafe.blogspot.com

Image Drew Wonka-our furbaby

Christine

Update on consultation

Postby Christine » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:48 pm

The surgeon is going to resect my liver! He made a really good first impression on me - very personable and very positive. Plus I had researched his credentials and they are impeccable. My surgery has been scheduled for July 10th and I get to stop chemo (at least for a while) effective immediately!

Christy,
Unfortunately, my oncologist is concerned that I have been forced into menopause. I haven't had a menstrual cycle since December. I actually went to see my primary care physician earlier this week to have my hormone levels tested. I won't get the results for a few weeks. Even if I am menopausal, it could be temporary. That's something that I won't know until I'm off chemo for a while. Feel free to email me directly, if you'd like - CCSucks@gmail.com

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”