Dr.s either getting better or I had some losers

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Nickmark59
Facebook Username: nickmark59

Dr.s either getting better or I had some losers

Postby Nickmark59 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Well all problems I have been having after chemo one of the conditions was the itchy legs everyone said it was from chemo ends up had another leg ulcer from vein being damaged years ago in fall and PCP recommended I go to vascular surgeon to see whats really going on compared to other who just treated it . He was right for me to go the itching is coming from vein being damaged and little from chemo .
So I had it removed by radio Freq. ablation. well finally after how many years answers . same thing with thyroid etc etc. all these Dr.s I saw before cancer seemed to have no clue or just treated conditions not really looking for an answer the doctors down at family clinic and UPMC seem much more knowledgeable and more curious to get to bottom of a problem than just treat symptoms .
I would not be having half the problems I do and may never have had cancer had the thyroid issue the stomach acid issue been properly addressed in the first place. Thank God we have much more educated doctors. the procedure went well yesterday and home off feet couple days . :)
CRC- IV 7-th yr Survivor -5 rectal tumors 1 bleeding with mets to liver
Rad. 36 treat.
with 6 Chemo 2-Ox.- 4 Fol.
surgery 15 hrs to resect colon and liver- Feb 08
follow up 6 chemo Folfox
www.darkinvestigations.blogspot.com

Val*pal
Facebook Username: Valerie Barkus Kantner

Re: Dr.s either getting better or I had some losers

Postby Val*pal » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 am

I'm glad that you finally found the answer! I think a lot of times doctors sort of just ignore complaints that they deem insignificant. . .even though they aren't.
DH dx'ed May '11, age 62
Jul '11: resection Stage IV
10/11: 6 mo Folfox
8/12:thyr canc, surg/tx
2/13: peri mets
2/13: Firi/Avas
6/13: Ok
8/13: break
10/13: Lung, peri, mets
10/13: Firi/Erb
1/14: Erb Fail; spread
5/14: Tx stopped