Tell your story. Save a life.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Kerry

Tell your story. Save a life.

Postby Kerry » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:46 am

In a post called "A Survivor's Story," dated May 6, 2006, I wrote a column for the newspaper I worked for at the time to tell readers of my colon cancer experience----the symptoms, how a series of events would lead me to go in for a physical, and how that would lead to me having a colonoscopy and the finding that I had colon cancer. Each of you reading this has a story to tell, and I know that your local newspaper would welcome a column or story on you where the headline might read "The Diagnosis---Colon Cancer."
When I wrote my column and then submitted it to two other papers, the response was great. People wrote me to share their experiences but more importantly several people went in for a colonoscopy and told me that my column prompted them to do so. You know there are people out there with symptoms who simply choose to ignore them or hope that they will go away. You and I know differently, don't we? They don't just go away.
Let's help save lives by telling our stories.

tennislover

Telling your story

Postby tennislover » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that in the town that I live in they ran a story about my diagnosis of stage IV cancer and now they run my journals every week. I have had a lot of response from people who have read my journals and it makes me happy to know that I am raising awareness in my small corner in the world. I just had another newspaper from a larger city contact me this week and they are running my story in tomorrows paper. The amount of people who have written me to show their support and encouragement has been overwhelming....I also have the people who have been promted to go in a for a colonoscopy themselves. Thats all I can ask for, it is important to me to inform as many people as I can about this cancer and to let them know that it isnt something that only people over the age of 50 get. Thanks!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”