www.cancer-sucks.com

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cynnycal

www.cancer-sucks.com

Postby cynnycal » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:24 pm

Hey guys!
My friend is designing this site (obviously not up yet) just a little placeholder there.
but the layout can be seen here: http://cancer-sucks.com/_dev/#

so, i have some info on FAP (since that's the horrible condition that got me here in the first place) and i want to have info on colorectal caner (like they have here)
but i guess i want to stress and raise awareness about FAP.
However, i was wondering what suggestions you guys have, being that you all know what things you'd wanna say, or you'd want people to know.
I have to give the guy designing it some more content to plug in before it can go 'live'
so, any feedback is appreciated.

thanks everyone!
Becca
(and thanks to christine for prompting the name of the site, and fundraiser)

Billy

Site

Postby Billy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:16 pm

Becca,

I like the layout. I like the logo as well, very snazzy. Good luck with the site, and the fund raising. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Maybe you can get a section of some cool cancer tattoos? hehehehehe

Billy
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

http://billyscolon.blogspot.com

mtsko

Postby mtsko » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:01 pm

I like the layout! Can't wait to see finished product! There's a need for more like it! good luck!
I'll check back often. :D
find the humor!

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:50 am

Becca,

Congrats on your blog! I am not sure what specific information that you would like to include about FAP but may I suggest the following resources:

www.myriad.com
www.creighton.edu

I hope that this helps!

Hugs!

Holly

christy217

Postby christy217 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:56 am

Becca,

I, like you, have a genetic colon cancer, I am new to this board also, I was diagnosed in Feb of this year with Stage II colon ca, it just started with a small polyp.

Anywho, have you talked with a genetic counselor? I am sure you have if you are aware of the FAP deal, you can get a lot of info from them. Also I found the "Everything your doctor won't tell you about colon cancer" book to be helpful. I go see a genetic counselor next week at Georgetown Medical Center in DC. I am in Maryland.

My colon ca is HNPCC, my mother died of this dreadful diesease 8 years ago this year, and her brother died two weeks later, her father, and sister have also succumb to this disease. I am the only one in the family now, out of 40 some grandchildren to develop this, third generation, my other two sisters, both older, don't have it. What I am curious to know is for people that are genetic colon cancer patients, does their likely hood of a reoccurance dissapate when they've had a complete total colectomy-no colostomy bag though. Have you come across any information on this? I am going to talk with my counselor when I see her next week.

I just wanted to say hey!
My Blog:
http://www.cdcafe.blogspot.com

Image Drew Wonka-our furbaby

Christine

Postby Christine » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Becca,

I'm glad that you like the name! It kind of says it all (at least for a "G" audience - I can think of a few other choice words that could be added for mature audiences :lol: ).

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”