lung lymph node near aorta considering surgery?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missmel
Facebook Username: melissa jayne Hollingsworth

lung lymph node near aorta considering surgery?

Postby missmel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Hello.
I was just wondering if any of you have had a lung lymph node removed near your aorta?
I have a cancerous Lung lymph node near aorta and chemo is slowly shrinking it.....the Radiation team were willing to radiate it but my Oncologist is keen to keep me on the chemo to keep shrinking it.
I asked his opinion on seeing a Cardiothoracic surgeon to have it cut out and he said if I can find one who is willing to do it???
I have read stories where this is possible and I think myself surgery would be the best option.
I would love to hear if any one else has positive lymph nodes near their aorta and what there treatment was.
I had Rectal cancer which spread to my Liver and had surgery to remove it all and so far all good.
ct clear apart from lymph node in Lung near aorta.
Currently been on Folfiri/Avastin since August 2013
thankyou
Melissa

skypup

Re: lung lymph node near aorta considering surgery?

Postby skypup » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:44 pm

I did have a lymph note dissection on paraaortic LNs. It is a chance for a cure, if they can get it all. Couldn't for me, but there was no way to know that until the surgeon went in. Find yourself a couple of good surgical oncologists and get some opinions. Go for that cure if you can!!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”