Cancer Centers of America??????

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
HeidiMarie

Cancer Centers of America??????

Postby HeidiMarie » Wed May 31, 2006 8:54 pm

Has anyone ever experienced theses center and if so how was your impression?
Heidi

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:30 am

Heidi,
I had recieved brochures from them and talked to the daughter of a lady with ovarian cancer and a patient there. Her daughter talks highly of them and her mother is still alive. I finally called them when I felt like I was running out of options. I was shocked to find out most insurance companys don't cover them including mine. I am retired USAF and have some of the best health insurance available. There's not too much it hasn't paid for. Thank you Lord, I've seen the bills. I was told for an initial consultation it would be at least $25,000 and one treatment can cost $100,000 and upwards. Now I've had somewhere around 30 treatments not counting surgery, etc. multiply this by $100,000 and it comes out to 3 million. I wonder who in the heck can afford this place. Everyone should have the right to the best medical care possible. I recently read a book titled "Beating Cancer with Nutrition". It turns out the author Patrick Quillin, PhD,RD,CNS with Noreen Quillin was the Director of Nutrition for Cancer Treatment Centers of America. I highly recommend this book. It costs $24.95 is easy to read and probably contains the some of the same info you would be taught at CTCA. If you can afford to go there then great. I'm sure you would get the best care considering the costs. I heard they pick you up in a limo and the centers are beautiful.
Andrea

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”