23 and needing advice! Please Help

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lacey_Mae
Facebook Username: LaceyLollar

23 and needing advice! Please Help

Postby Lacey_Mae » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 pm

I am 23 years old. I had my first and only son 2 years ago. For about 4 1/2 months ive been experiencing bloody stool. It started as just a little on my toilet paper to now completely changing my clear toilet water to blood. My stool is different as well. I have extreme abdominal and anal pain when passing a BM even though its almost always diarrhea now. I have to pull my knees to my chest just to go. (Its the only way to deal with the pain) Even after using the bathroom most the time I feel like I still need to to go or like theres some left. I hardly have an appetite anymore. Im nauseas in the mornings and at night and randomly sometimes throughout the day. Some days I eat a mini breakfast burrito and im full the rest of the day. (Not normal for me) I have had hemorrhoids and a fissure since my little one was born. I finally took a picture to show my mom how much blood was in the toilet and it scared her so I don't wanna talk to her too much about it. Where should i go? Im not sure who to go see? Im a single mom with no health insurance so I pay out of pocket. I work 3 jobs so I don't have much time on my hands. Help!

CRguy

Re: 23 and needing advice! Please Help

Postby CRguy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 pm

You need to see a doctor, somewhere, for an appointment to determine what is wrong with you and how it can be treated.
I would say you need to do this ASAP, from what you have told us.

Best wishes for getting your problems attended to
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Lacey_Mae

Postby Lacey_Mae » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:34 pm

I just made an appointment with a Primary Care doctor a friend referred me to start with. Thank you CRguy!

pfCml73183
Facebook Username: Celeste Marie Comeau

Postby pfCml73183 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Lacey, smart move. Make sure he recommends a colonoscopy.
My husband got PCIP pre-existing condition insurance through our state. It saved us a lot of money.
Wife and BF to Peter, 54
mCRC/IV/BRAF+
Erbitux and Urelumab trial @MSKCC 3/15
went home 5/8/15

Lacey_Mae

Postby Lacey_Mae » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Thank you Celeste! Ill definitely look into it!

janderson

Postby janderson » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Yes Lacey please insist on a colonoscopy. I don't want to scare you but I was experiencing the same kind of pain. I saw my primary care doctor and he said it was IBS and gave me some muscle relaxers. In two weeks time the pain got worse and I insisted on seeing a gastroenterologist to get a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy revealed nearly a total blockage from the tumor. My surgeon told me that I probobly saved my life by insisting on a colonoscopy. I found out later that I was misdiagnosed origonally because of my age (41 at the time). You are much younger. Inist on it. I pray it is nothing that serious.
DX 10-05 stage IV
liver resection 12-05 Folfox1-05 to 7-06
Liver resection 8-07 Folfiri 9-07 to 3-08
Liver resection 12-11
Recurrence 2/7/2014, liver, chestwall mets, 16 rounds chemo
7/3/14, y90 radioembolization, steady shrinkage
12/8/14, cryoablation to liver and chest wall
6/1 to 6/26 SBRT radio surgery
7/2 more cryo ablation to right lung
7/16 lung infection drain tube installed
9/4 chest wall resection to remove 2 ribs

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”