Rectal Radiation- How long does this pain last?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
StupidAssCancer
Facebook Username: Alys.Geertsen

Re: Rectal Radiation- How long does this pain last?

Postby StupidAssCancer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Thank you for your message! What does it mean that your bladder fell not the void of your rectum?
I've noticed the past 4 days when going pee it totally feels different than it ever has before. Curious...
Alys
Stage 3c Colorectal Cancer
Surgery March 2013 Jpouch Temp Iliostomy
May 2013Chemo Infusions 5-FU Oxi Lev-Allergic
Radiation w/Xeloda Chemo-Allergic
Oct 2013 Reversal of Ostomy Nov 2013 Perm Ileostomy
Feb 2016 Ostomy collapsed moved to other side
Jun 2016 colon removed permanent ileostomy

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 am

I am a Barbie Butt :) My stoma is George!- they took out 5 pounds of margin, muscles and rectum - but did not put mesh inside that area. The Void left from the removal and margins of all rectum stuff left a place that my vagina and bladder moved mostly in, so I pee in the direction of my butt.. I was given a dilatator to masturbate with when I completed radiation :cry: it was to help this issue. I tried once and figured it was not for me. I was never going to have sex again.. :o so I let it go! So funny now... my caregiver is 6.5 blonde - blue eyed hunk but as gay as a diva. (I am getting an education in things I NEVER would have known about gay men). :D

I really don't think ""if ""you can have a reversal that they cut everything out (all muscles, lymph node,etc) and sewn up everything. It would be impossible as far as I know. They may have moved some things around (who knows) - I watched the surgery on YouTube (really scary stuff) but my surgery and radiation was the complete removal- thus void occurred.

I don't know why this didn't work and my cancer went into stage 4 after the Xeloda failed and caused 6 months of hell. oh well-
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

ab123

Postby ab123 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I used prescription hydrocortisone suppositories which helped a lot. The last week of radiation was kind of rough - but mostly only during BMs for me - like pooping razor blades. It got better pretty quickly for me after the radiation stopped. Within a couple weeks it was better than before radiation - because the tumor was gone. Just imagine the tumor getting destroyed. It makes the pain easier to handle.
Aug 2012: RC DX Stage IIIC, T3N2M0 by MRI - 38M
Fall 2012: Chemorad
Nov 2012: LAR - Path report: 0/13 LNs, tumor reduced to "microscopic foci"
Jan-Apr 2013: 8 rounds FOLFOX
May 2013: Ileostomy takedown, port removal
July 2013 (and since): NED!

Peabody5422
Facebook Username: debbie.whitaker

Postby Peabody5422 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Wow - can i relate. I had no pain until the last week of radiation and then for the next 3 to 4 weeks it really hurt! My pain was a lot like what I experience after I had a hysterectomy. Also the radiation caused atropy in and around the new and old surgery incisions. I did not want heavy pain meds so I carried Tramadol in my purse because I never know when it will hit.

Good luck with this.
DX: RC 11/11 T1 N1c MX
Surgery: LAR 12/23/11
Rad & Xeloda: 1/12 - 4/12
Clean CT: 4/12
Reoccur: Lymp 4/14 4 new locations. 2 Aortic, 2 locations Rectum
Chemo to start: 6/14, OXI, Advastin, 5FU
10/14: One tumor left - on Avastin only
Surgeries: 4/15, 7/15 and 8/15 :last tumor w/Illeostomy then Ostomy
NED by 7/15 Surgery

ANNE S

Postby ANNE S » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:12 pm

I had radiation/chemo for 5 weeks for a rectal tumour. Going to have keyhole surgery to take out rectum with temporary stoma. Really scared of operation on Monday 25th, in fact terrified. I found the radiation and chemo did not affect me at all. I am sure it was because I am taking some herbal meds from a medical herbalist (he told me not to tell the hospital as they would tell me to stop his meds) who told me I would have a better response and less side effects. I had a very good response and the tumour is now fibrous tissue. I didn't get any breakage of skin, soreness or pain, so I know he was right. I am continuing his meds through the chemo I will have after the operation. It is a horrible road that I never thought I would go through as I am a health fanatic and don't fall into the bowel cancer causes. Only one thing, my aunt had the same as me a year ago, and there are four people on my dad's side who had bowel cancer and two on my mum's side. My son has ulcerative colitis, and they thought my 5 year old grandson had the same. it turned out he had milk, gluten and soya intolerance which inflamed his bowel. I have the same intolerances and found out a year ago.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”