Best Prep for Colonoscopy - Pepopik worked for a wimpy me!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
J-man

Re: Best Prep for Colonoscopy - Pepopik worked for a wimpy me!

Postby J-man » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:31 pm

The original Pico Salax powder sachets continue to be available in Canada at their reasonable price point.
Why the US regulatory bodies seem to have a problem getting this item to patients at a reasonable cost, defies logic.
I have not tried the new version in a bottle, but see no reason to start now.
All of my preps have been done with the original powder packets and that will continue for me this fall for my
eighth scoping requiring a cleansing preparation.

Baxter

Postby Baxter » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi J-man, I was lucky and my Dr. just got me a free sample of the Clenpiq from her drug rep. I looked really hard to find a Canadian online pharmacy with Pico-Salax and all of the ones I found said it was discontinued. Maybe you could post links or at least the names of some places where it is still possible to buy it in Canada for the benefit of others... ?

J-man

Postby J-man » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:23 pm

I bought a 2 pack box of Pico Salax today at a Shoppers Drug Mart for about $28 Cdn.

Google the Canadian website and availability for more info.
I do not use online pharmacies, but WalMart, Costco, Shoppers, London Drugs, Rexall, Pharmasave
are all shown to carry it as well as many grocery chain store pharmacy departments ( Safeway, Sobeys, Superstore, SaveOn etc.)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”