Mom's first birthday in Heaven

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
here4mymom

Mom's first birthday in Heaven

Postby here4mymom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Today is my mom's 67 the birthday her first in Heaven. I hope she had a great day up there but man it was hard down here. I have always been with my mom on her birthday and this was hard not having her here today to celebrate with her . We went to the cemetery and let balloons go for here but it is so hard. I miss her so much and there is such a huge void in my life without her. I don't know what to do to get on with my life. I know she wouldn't want me sitting here crying every night but I can't help it I just miss her so bad.

CRguy

Re: Mom's first birthday in Heaven

Postby CRguy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Harmony, my friend......
sending Peace, Love and Harmony for you and your Mom.

Please refer to my signature and you will understand that I have been with you....
and will be again on this Journey.
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Lisahopes

Postby Lisahopes » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:16 am

I am so sorry and can understand your pain. My mom passed away 6 months ago and I feel sad on a daily basis, something always reminds me of her, the kids talk about her. It is inconceivable for me right now to imagine a lifetime without her. But do we have a choice?

much love
Daughter to Mom, 65, Stage IV with mets to liver, lungs and peri.
Dx 2006, Stage II.
Regular check October 2011, Stage IV established.
She has had Oxi, Folfox and Xeloda, now Avastin.
Progression.
Mom died on April 5th 2013.

jacekica
Facebook Username: jasminka marout

Postby jacekica » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:26 am

I don't have in my signature but my father passed away from acute leukemia, mother few months later from embolism.....it is amost 16 years and I missed them so much, it is easier but never easy. Now I read a book Hello from Heaven by Bill Guggenheim & Judy Giggenheim. it helps a lot. about our loved ones when they come to pass the happy message to their family or close friends, I wish I had that.
Dx 2/11
surgery 5/11, T2N0MX, G2, SRC rectal ca, 22 cm removed
CT- numerous mets in abdomen - LN, 2 big ones on pancreas, one penetrated right urether. Surgery, they just take samples for PHD, 6 roundds 5FU, refuse further chemos

deb1223

Postby deb1223 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 am

My heart is breaking for you right now. I lost my mom 26 years ago. I still miss her, but know she is so much better off, no more pain. Have sent prayers for peace for you during your grieving process.

Debbie
52 Yr. old Female, DX July 2010
Stage IV CC, 21 mets to liver, 1 to lungs
12 Rounds Folfox
To date no surgeries
Enlarged spleen
Been on Avastin only since Mar. 2011
I WILL SURVIVE WITH GOD'S HELP!

DogMom

Postby DogMom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:53 pm

It is not easy to lose a parent, especially one you are close with as an adult. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Dad almost 20 years ago and I still miss him every day. The difference is that time will bring healing so that you can derive joy from those happy memories, without the pain of loss overwhelming you. It will happen one day, I promise you. You will look back on a happy moment or memory or something she taught you and not cry but smile knowing that you have that moment in your heart forever. Give yourself time and be gentle and kind with yourself in the meantime. Know that you are honoring your mom's memory with your ongoing love for her.

Take care..
Bonnie
DX 2/08 St 2 Rectal C, 47 y/o
Transanal excision/radiation/Xeloda
mult Lung Mets found 7/09
Xelox + Avastin 5 TX
neuropathy: Xeloda + Avastin 12/09
12/10 40 day Avastin headache, Xeloda
6/11 SBRT lungs
1/13 Regorafenib
11/13 Xeliri-fail
3/14 Gemzar

SoConfused

Postby SoConfused » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 pm

not sure how I missed this post yesterday ... your note touched my heart and I can just feel your pain and grief. I can't offer any words of wisdom - but you're in my prayers.
Stage IV CC

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”