Thanks to Obamacare Alive Today

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
shmurciakova

Re: Thanks to Obamacare Alive Today

Postby shmurciakova » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Agreed!
If Nbrandt wants to report that he/she is alive today because of Obamacare (ACA) then that is their perogative. It is not an open invitation to voice your political beliefs...It is better to just not answer a post at all than to get on here and stir the pot. :roll:
-Susan H.
diagnosed at 31 in 2002, Stage IV
Sigmoid colectomy - 6 mos 5-FU/Leukovorin
liver resection - 6 rounds XELIRI (xeloda/irinotecan)
lung wedge resection Oct. 2004 - no chemo
NED!!

justin case

Postby justin case » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm

I've heard enough about the ACA. I would appreciate hearing from anyone, who has been able to access those services.
Regards,
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

robinkaye

Postby robinkaye » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:44 pm

And because maybe it's slightly less than a person a day dying, that somehow makes it ok? You've got to be kidding me. I can't even have a conversation with someone who can make a statement like this.

Pardon me, I said this where? The article if you read the link said that that it may or may not be true that thousands are dying from lack of insurance and a Harvard study said that lack of insurance didn't necessarily affect health and outcome it may have more to do with socio economic group. Forgive me though for even thinking for a moment that you might actually read something from a liberal publication nonetheless. Did you bother reading the NYT's article about the reduced networks. Sure just let people die I'm good with it...my God, what a sick thing to say about someone. You don't know a damn thing about me and to say something like that is about as disgusting as it gets.

Done here as well, I haven't really seen a lot of facts from you...just a bunch of soundbites. You do nasty well though, tried to present some facts and get attacked personally. As for it being passed...yep, you're right. However, it's the first time a major piece of legislation which will change the country was passed without one vote from the other side when the majority of the American people opposed it. This is not a good way to pass legislation, never works well when you have half the country pissed off at you. Please...the conservative Supreme Court, one conservative voted for it by changing the facts - mandates are a tax which the dems absolutely denied.

You know the likening of this with conservative policy proves you don't know what conservatism is. Romney lost because of Romneycare, and the Heritage Foundation proposal went nowhere. Please find something new.
Just remember that what goes around comes around and when the powers shift again, and they will, I will expect that when the Republicans pass legislation that the Democrats don't vote for you will sit down and be quiet...after all, the law of the land is the law of the land and you can fight it, you'll just have to learn to live with it. It's always best when you imagine the other party doing to you what you did to it, would you like it? It will be interesting and btw...no intention of sitting down and shutting up not now or ever.

And please...most of the government (83%)is still operating just fine. It's just that President Stomp His Foot, currently polling at 37% approval, did everything in his power to make it look bad - shutting off open air memorials to WW2 vets, closing private businesses, kicking people out of their homes which they own, never before done by any president and then allowing in the same place an immigration rally. A grown up does everything he can to lessen the pain not promote it. Do you know the government has been 'shut down' 18 times since the 70's, the majority of times by democratic congresses. Sheesh

BTW, you probably ought to read Nate Silver's column yesterday - as he was the number one pollster in '12 you might see that your ideas for '14 might just be a little off.
Husband has RC Stage IIIC
Chemorad 9/28-11/07
2 rounds FOLFOX to get rid of iliac LN
LAR Surgery 1/17 ileostomy
presacral abscess 2/1 - 3/27
FOLFOX began 4/5 - 6/15
another presacral abscess 6/30-8/10
Reversal 9/11
10/15 fistula with drain

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”