Had my Colonoscopy. All OK!!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dana

Had my Colonoscopy. All OK!!!

Postby Dana » Sat May 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Hello everyone at Colon Club,

On friday I had my colonoscopy. I was terrified and started telling the doctor about my mother and her illness so he gave me a tranquiliser. The exam didn't last long and enjoyed watching my insides on screen.
The result was negative and the doctor said I don't need another one for another 3 years but must test for blood in my stools every year as I'm highly at risk because of my mother and paternal aunts.
My IBS is due to stress and must watch my diet.
I'm happy and relieved and think of all of you out there. Had my mother had one a few years ago...... maybe...... but she wouldn't have...... she was so coy.
This is my commitment now, to carry on telling as many people as I can to have a colonscopy. In Italy it's cheap only 36€ but it's worth so much and there is not enouh talk about it. People need to know.

Lots of love to you all

Dana

Ciao Mali (just sent you an e-mail), Dot and Bob, Holly, and everyone.
Andrea I'm so happy about your reaction to chemo. Fight for your children. You are so brave and wonderful.

Dot

Postby Dot » Sun May 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Dana:

I am soooo happy for you! What a relief. With all you have been through, you needed something to calm you down. Take care & God Bless!

Dot

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”