Ovaries moved? Check...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cynnycal

Ovaries moved? Check...

Postby cynnycal » Sat May 27, 2006 1:49 pm

I posted this in another thread, but just thought i'd update you all.
Last wednesday i had laproscopic surgery to move the 'girls' out of the way of where they'll do radiation in attempt to save hormone production.
now, i understand there's a chance it won't work. and i understand that there's a chance they could 'fall back in place' making it all a waste...but i thought it was worth a shot to try.
they also cut my tubes. yep...no babies for me. i always said i didn't want to have kids, and my boyfriend is in agreement with me (before any of this ever happened) so that's not too big of a deal for me.
besides, i look at is as built in birth control i can go buck wild and have no worries! ;) well...that is, after all this radiation and surgery.
not feeling too 'frisky' as of late.
since it was laproscopic they blew my belly up with air, so i'm still a bit bloated...and if i ever wanted to add any piercings to the ones i already have, i know have three staples in my bellybutton...
and most girls stop at one! bah!
it was interesting if not for the fact that it got me into a bit of what things will be like when i have the colectomy. which I'm NOT looking forward to whatsoever. but at least i have one surgery under my belt.
anywho, tis all on my end...one more hump in the road passed.

Maggie

Postby Maggie » Mon May 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Hi...sort of on a similar topic. When I had my resection, my doctor moved my ovaries around a bit and put some sort of protective coat on them in case I needed radiation (which I luckily didn't). Does anyone know if this makes getting pregnant harder? I was just curious!
Maggie

PS- hope recovery is going well for you!!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”