Hard going back to the chair tomorrow...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
skypup

Re: Hard going back to the chair tomorrow...

Postby skypup » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:10 pm

jacekica wrote: I wish teher is naother better pain/nausea/fear free procedure for all of us..........

Yes, jacekica, me, too...

My report: I had forgotten how undead chemo makes me feel. I can't believe I used to work while doing this. You people who do simply amaze me. I also am struck by how different it is knowing there is no cure in this poison. Always before there was at least a small chance. Again, you who have worn this burden for a while amaze me!

The fasting was, I think, a good thing. I only tossed my cookies once, didn't quite get the zofran down in time, and it was easier since there were no cookies. :-)

I hope everyone else has had a not horrible chemo week.

Hugs to all!

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:41 pm

I'm so glad for that you've found a regimen that helps you tolerate the chemo better! That's so very important and I'll see if I can do that if I have go back on infused chemo. That Sharfenberger chocolate mousse sounds awesome! Enjoy!
God bless ~
Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

yes - but I pack for it! I have my beautiful African bag (from tribe) and fill it with warm head stuff, kindle, goodies to treat myself, scented things when that nasty saline taste kills my mouth. I have fruit drinks and of course my wheelchair is filled with oxygen bottle and purse, papers, and the biggest smile I can at each nurse. I know them all! They have gotten to know I like to be touched, they laugh when I stick all the chemo stuff under my shirt or get hot bags to make sure NO cold fluids go into my body (cause heart issues). They are a bit afraid of my 89 yr old mom...so they tell me if they are going to hurt me (last Wednesday forgot port cream--ouchie).

Find one person you enjoy - ask them for a chemo date - visit with them, tell them you enjoy it - tell them everything they see is helping you even if it looks bad! I visit - all the time. I bring pictures of vacation, I cry when sick, but they just hold me. I have only cried once (when I found out I had bone mets) :shock:
So pack some fun- walk in Happy to have :P chance" again!
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

Traveler001

Postby Traveler001 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:15 am

Feel good Skypup! Don't focus on the yucky.
Diagnosed June '07
Laparoscopic LAR surgery - 7/12/07
Stage IIIC 4/21 nodes
FOLFOX6 and Erbitux started 8/24/07
Completed 11 / 12 on 1/15/08
NED
New 4.5 cm lung mass and lymph nodes discovered 7/12
Folfiri w/ Avastin on 9/14/12 - 11/29/12

skypup

Postby skypup » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Traveler001 wrote:Feel good Skypup! Don't focus on the yucky.

You, too, my fellow traveler!

elise

Postby elise » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Remember how much love and grace you show us. (((Hugs)))

Elise
Feb - Stage 2 (T3 N0 M0) CC @ 30
Mar - R hemicolectomy, 18 LN
May-Nov 6 - Chemo (8 Xeloda)
Feb - NED
Feb - NED
May - Stage 4 - 1 liver met @ 32
Jun - Liver resection
Oct - CLEAN SCAN
Aug-Jan - FOLFOX 5 rounds, 5FU X 6
Ap, Oct - NED
Mar - NED

janderson

Postby janderson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I feel your pain. I have been in the fight for 8 years now. I have had 2 recurrences after being NED and going back to the chemo chair is probobly the hardest thing I have ever had to motivate myself to do. It is worse than the first time after diagnosis. I think it is worse when you know first hand what the experience is like compared to the first time when you are only going by what you read. It is truly an indescribable feeling to others who havent been on chemo before. I cried the day after my port was put back in last time.

Go ahead and whine. We ALL deserve to whine. We have plenty to whine about but so many times we are restricted from whining because we don't want to alarm our loved ones around us so we suck it up.
DX 10-05 stage IV
liver resection 12-05 Folfox1-05 to 7-06
Liver resection 8-07 Folfiri 9-07 to 3-08
Liver resection 12-11
Recurrence 2/7/2014, liver, chestwall mets, 16 rounds chemo
7/3/14, y90 radioembolization, steady shrinkage
12/8/14, cryoablation to liver and chest wall
6/1 to 6/26 SBRT radio surgery
7/2 more cryo ablation to right lung
7/16 lung infection drain tube installed
9/4 chest wall resection to remove 2 ribs

nitebreez

Postby nitebreez » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I've gotten to where I actually WANT to go to "the chair". That's because I'm 6 treatments down,...and 6 more to go. Want to get it all done. But I still have those scary feelings about what new side effects I'm going to face when the treatment is over. I have to ride the bus home,..(and then walk about a mile when I don't make the transfer)....and sometimes it aien't easy. Unfortunately,....I'm facing my 2nd chemo break because of extremely low cell counts (it's down to only 26 this time). I go see the ONC tomorrow,....and know what she'll say. "Cheeeeeemoooooo break!!!!"
Actually wish I was going for the chair. (I have a love-hate relationship with the chair).
T4a-Nx-M0 cc (perforated colon) Septic shock
2/19/13 emergency surgery/colostomy
4/13/13 colostomy reversed (reconnected!)
1/22/14 folfox completed
3/3/14 CT Scan NED
4/15/16 CEAs still low

nitebreez

Postby nitebreez » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:16 pm

nitebreez wrote:I've gotten to where I actually WANT to go to "the chair". That's because I'm 6 treatments down,...and 6 more to go. Want to get it all done. But I still have those scary feelings about what new side effects I'm going to face when the treatment is over. I have to ride the bus home,..(and then walk about a mile when I don't make the transfer)....and sometimes it aien't easy. Unfortunately,....I'm facing my 2nd chemo break because of extremely low cell counts (it's down to only 26 this time). I go see the ONC tomorrow,....and know what she'll say. "Cheeeeeemoooooo break!!!!"
Actually wish I was going for the chair. (I have a love-hate relationship with the chair).

PS: I'm pretty new to these forums,......and have I mentioned lately just how much all of you are such a help and inspiration to me??? Well,..I'm mentioning it now. :) LOL! I should have hit the "edit" instead of the "quote",...(shows how much I know).
T4a-Nx-M0 cc (perforated colon) Septic shock
2/19/13 emergency surgery/colostomy
4/13/13 colostomy reversed (reconnected!)
1/22/14 folfox completed
3/3/14 CT Scan NED
4/15/16 CEAs still low

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 pm

OH MY GOD

"""Go ahead and whine. We ALL deserve to whine. We have plenty to whine about but so many times we are restricted from whining because we don't want to alarm our loved ones around us so we suck it up.""" :D :D :D :D

YOU HAVE IT SO RIGHT! I just got back from lunch with a crying friend. I asked her to do my bucket list party at the day of the dead parade. She knew I was stage 4 but didn't understand, I don't know if I have next year, and said so. Yicks soooo hard to suck it up ....she didn't understand even her mother died of ovarian cancer after 12 years of chemo starting at 82 yrs old to 94 yrs old. I sucked it up, made out how wonderful life has been to me and couldn't eat a bite of my 15 dollar meals because she was still crying (had to leave early). major suck up - being the cheerful clown left her smiling...me sick at heart! :roll: Dogs love the meal!
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”