Symptoms

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
quotegirl

Symptoms

Postby quotegirl » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am

My husband had a colon resection last August 2012 when a large mass was found during a colonoscopy. He took 11 treatments of chemo and developed a DVT in his right leg, mrsa/sepsis and went through hell. Because he is taking Coumadin he cannot have another colonoscopy at this time. The doctor could not perform the colonoscopy originally because the tumor was 1 inch up his anus and the procedure was stopped. He would have to come off the Coumadin for 5 days to have the colonoscopy, but the doctors are not in agreement, because the DVT is so severe.

Now he has 4 mm non calcified nodules on his lung but because of the insurance his next scan is not scheduled until November. I'm worried...he has had a chronic cough for 2 months, shoulder pain and also having skin issues. Itchy skin, rash and what looks like boils. He has an appointment with a dermatologist next Friday the 6th, but I'm feeling a sense of urgency. The doctors don't share my same sense of urgency and am looking for some advice or if anyone has had same issues. I know my husband, we've been married almost 30 years (October 29) and I knew he was sick last year when this all started. Thank you for any help. Feeling helpless in Florida!

pwebber123

Re: Symptoms

Postby pwebber123 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi , I hope things are going better at this point DVT'S are a risk and it is understandable why the MD's would have some differences in point of treatment. Please know the doctors involved are professionals and may not always agree but usually will find a resolution to meet all problems your husband presents as he goes through this illness. It is also understandable that you are feeling so helpless , however I'm sure your husband has great comfort from you and maybe finding a strength within him to keep going because you are with him. It's okey to cry, and be scared' this is hard on anyone facing these problems, just know we are here an both of you are in your thoughts.

pog451
Facebook Username: andrew.morgan

Re: Symptoms

Postby pog451 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:32 pm

No idea if the OP is still around, but one of the long-term side effects of FOLFOX for me has been bad skin, with painful abscesses mostly on my back. It's just starting to clear up 4 months out of treatment
09.11 Dx @ 46, uT3uN1M0 G2
11.11 radio+Xeloda
01.12 LAR
03.12 Xeloda
09.12 Liver mets, 2 LN
09.12 Folfox+Avastin
02.13 Resection
04.13 Folfox & Avastin
11.13 Local recurrence
02-07.14 FOLFIRINOX
08.14 Re-rediation
Left us 28.05.2015