I danced today!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
maryv

I danced today!

Postby maryv » Thu May 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Finally got my CAT and PET results after a LONG 3 week wait. I have been off chemo 8 months and these were my first tests since. They both came back clean! I was so nervous this morning. Then when I got the news I had all this energy. I did this little dance when the doctor told me. He just stood there, arms folded, smiling the biggest smile I have seen on him yet.

Now, about 5 hours later, I am exhausted. These cancer checkups are such a roller coaster ride. I'm glad this round is over. I'm gonna go take a nap.

Mary

Fitzgeraldmom

WaaaaaHoooooo!

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Thu May 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Just wanted to pass along a CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I know you do not know me but I wanted to write to say that I am glad to hear you danced!
Keep it up!!!!!
Kellie

Terry Miller

Dance

Postby Terry Miller » Thu May 25, 2006 7:09 pm

Hey MaryV,
Congratulations on your test results. I do believe that "our dance of joy" is the normal response to this type news and I am sure your loved ones enjoyed their own dance. AND, the nap is a normal response, too!
I have been known to break into a rendition of Michael Flatley's "Riverdance" when I am in a celebratory mood. It is quite a sight.
Again, congratulations and keep on enjoying life. Ain't life great?

Sincerely,
Terry

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Snow angel

Postby Edward » Fri May 26, 2006 7:12 am

I guess my snow angel was not unusual when I got my results. :D
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Sat May 27, 2006 3:03 am

I hope you dance after every scan... I just had liver resection (Stage 4 Rectal cancer 7 mets to liver) on May 17th at OHSU in Oregon and am a waiting my turn to do the happy dance because of good scan results which I know will bw soon ...Stay strong and live well and keep doing the dance..Bless us all...Audrey

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”