Start Chemo tomorrow

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ripley86

Re: Start Chemo tomorrow

Postby ripley86 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm

I am on treatment # 5 of folfox with avastin. The nausea and fatigue started getting noticable after threatment #4. Had to do a little then sit down. I lose weight diring threatment week but gain some back on my off week, I get threated every other week. I am not able to infuse at home due to issues with my health insurance so I am in the hospital for 3 days during treatment which is actually the worst part for me as I hate being in the hospital. Hopfully you will be able to tolerate it as well. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.
Female, 62 yo
DX Sept 2012
Xeloda with rad 28 treat
Surgery, resection 4/13
6/33 lymph nodes +
Shadow on liver found in ER 6/13
Folfox with Avastin 6/13
2 nodules in left lung
(4mm and 2mm)
Nodule rt lung 3mm to 8 mm
Folfiri started 9/14
ER due to clot on lung 2/15
Start Lovenox
Folfiri stopped 9/15
Started trial 12/15
Trial end 2/16
Started trial Stivarga 2/16

mstults

Postby mstults » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 pm

I tolerated it pretty well. Neuropathy starts gradually and gets worse as treatment continues. Stay hydrated. I went back to work part time and completely got off the nauseau meds without any nauseau. Dr said I tolerated it better than most. I actually had 17 treatments. My oxaliplatin was cut to 80% after the 2nd round due to neuropathy. Hope you do as well.
Male Age 53. Dx CC with numerous liver mets 6/23/12. Colon res 6/24/12. Started folfox 7/24/12. Added avastin 8/27/12. CT 12/27/12 still showing shrink. Took 17 rounds of FOLFOX. Then 5-FU + Avastin. Switched to Irinotecan for 1 yr. CEA rose to >400. Switched to Vectibix 2/18/15. CEA decreasing. Scans show some growth in liver mets. Lung Mets stable to shrinking.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.stults2/about?ref=home_edit_profile&section=work

Tamera

Postby Tamera » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks everyone for your input and sage words of advice!

I was disconnected from the pump a few hours ago...phew. Nice to be off that. I am exhausted and have had terrible headache since starting the pump. Limited sleep due to the headache, hopefully it will subside. The nurses called in a prescription of Norco, But it didnt seem to help much.

One treatment down....yay!
5/20/13. Emerg bowel obstruction surgery - removed 18" of colon, perf intestines, appendix, 2" tumor. Dx colon cancer st3, no lymph nodes, two tumor deposits were found.
8/20/13 start chemo. 5fu, oxaliplantin and leucovorin
5/2014. Hige ovarian tumor, total abd hysterectomy; six more months FOLFIRI
11/2015. Two liver lesions. Feb 2016 exploratory lap
3/9. HIPEC. Results to be determined

hddad228
Facebook Username: jeff thomas

Postby hddad228 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm

46 dodge? how did the brake cylinder job go? oh and how are you doing after the first? i spent the day with my kids at a junk yard to get some parts for my sons car before i go in for my 3rd treatment tomorrow. we all had a good time and got quite a few projects done, hope your first one did not end up being to bad, but mine are, here we go
Diognosed april 2103
Colon resection may 2013
Clear PET SCAN JULY 2913
CHEMO PORT July 2013
FolFox started 07/29
5Fu pump started 7/29

chrisnellany

great to hear you are doing so well Bev, its good to know th

Postby chrisnellany » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Bev G wrote:Tam,

Thinking of you as your start your chemo tomorrow. Wishing you all the best. No one will tell you chemo is a picnic, and I didn't do all that well with it, I won't lie. However, for me, getting in there the first day was the worst. I suspect it won't be as bad as you imagine. I was obsessed with just how I would get in to the chemo room (I mean physically get in there) Then my brother said to me: One foot in front of the other (soooooo obvious!) BUTT, that's what I needed to hear. And that's how I've gotten through the whole 3.5 + years so far. One foot in from of the other, whether I'm going to chemo, the OR, PET/CT (Thursday) or whatever....Just one foot in from of the other, come what may :wink:

Best wishes to you, and many hugs.

Bev

Good to hear you are doing so well Bev. It gives me hope that I may have a little longer for this world. Starting my cemo next Tuesday

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”