dear aunt looking for a triple negative breast cancer board

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
scattered edge
Facebook Username: Rosie Englebert-Elmore

dear aunt looking for a triple negative breast cancer board

Postby scattered edge » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 pm

My dear auntie sat with me while I recovered from my resection surgery in Feb. 2011. She came to my house to take care of me when my family wasn't here. She drove me to almost every chemo treatment. Only when one of my girls was home would she not go. She bought me lunch, refused to let me pay for gas ...and in March she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Today was the first time our appointments were on the same day - we both have chemo on Wednesdays and both have the same oncologist - but our timing was off one darn week. Today she asked if there was a way to find out if there is a breast cancer - maybe specializing in triple negative breast cancer board as good as this one. I am always saying "My colon cancer club is/said/was ..... make me feel.. I better understand... " It warms my heart to know folks here are so special and I can share a lot of what we as cancer survivors are going through and I would be ever so grateful if I could find my dear auntie a place as special to her needs and this place is to mine.

anyone know of a great breast cancer survivor hangout?? :)

Rosie
resection 2/11/11
T3N2M0 (17/24LN)
joined the IV olympians ..... 7/12 mets to distant nodes
mets to pancreas, liver, spine
chemo for life, panitumumab for now

pmterra

Re: dear aunt looking for a triple negative breast cancer bo

Postby pmterra » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi Rosie,
I was looking for a forum last week for my sister and I found this and they do have a section for breast cancer. Best wishes to your aunt - what a wonderful feeling it is when someone steps up and is there when you need them. I always feel that there are people who ask what they can do and then there are those special people who just "do". I'm glad she was there for you. I will keep her in my prayers.

~Paula

http://www.healingwell.com/breastcancer/
caregiver to survivor husband
Stage 3C - Colon
surgery June, 2008
6 mo. chemo/FOLFOX & Avastin
June 2015 - 7 year survivor :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”