The kindness of others

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Candyys03
Facebook Username: Candy Llamas

Re: The kindness of others

Postby Candyys03 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 am

That is wonderful!
You don't have your location listed but if you let us know where you are located maybe someone could help you or know someone that could help you.

Candy
DX8/0642yrIVCCmtsliver
9/06opcol+lymps
07oxy
08livernonop
08iri+erb
1/09opliver
NED11m
12/09lungmts
3/10livermts
NED7m
2/11lungmts
4/11NED3m
5/2Xel
9/26lungop
NED6m
3/12lungmtsirierb
11/27avas+ox
7/13Stivarga
10/28irierb
1/17
caringbridge.orgcandyllamas

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 am

I got tears in my eyes reading about the kindnesses. I know I've experienced so many things like this that have humbled and overwhelmed me with gratitude. It seems for every jerk we meet along this journey, we also get to meet two or three that are loving and giving and caring. May we remember the latter and pray for the former.

God bless ~
Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Great topic.

I was on the other end yesterday. I met this wonderful couple at the cancer center. She knits hats for many of the patients. I never knew her name but have about 8 of them. Well, I got to meet her and hubby. Her mom died when she was 6 and the impact was profound.

I was feeling sick, wouldn't try any hats with my rash on, so was going when she mentioned her sewing machine burnt out and she did cotton hats. I looked at her, and said come to my house tomorrow and I will give you my very nice sewing machine. She didn't believe me, but called and not only did I give her my sewing machine but tubs of yarn. They just couldn't believe it, tried to pay me but I knew they were out of work, and I don 't need that right now. Finally when I was getting tired, they hit the right gift to give back. A nice slice of pie. Local place makes the best, so mom and I got some pie, they got treated to gifts. win-win

Feeling so great about it, I took the energy today and dug out my fantastic carved drum for a friend who was using a bucket for a drumming circle. Wow will she freak when she get a look at this beautiful hand carved treasure stuffed in a back room for years. Now the music will flow from my soul to her to other. I love letting go of "stuff:. :D
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am

Jeanette,
What a wonderful thing it is to give to someone who you know is a giver and probably never asks for anything! I know it makes me feel so good to give when I've been given so much. Paying it forward for sure!
God bless ~
Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13